whitetail bullet

Pooldoc- I was kidding thanks for the turkeys. They grew big too, I shot a 28 pounder and so did my dad. And my uncle took out a buddies kid for a youth hunt a he shot a 31 pounder.

Has anyone used Dead Center muzzleloading bullets. I shoot a Remington 700ML in .45 cal. I have been using 195 gr. Barnes Expander bullets with 100 grs. by volume of 2ff Triple 7. I thought that I would give Dead Center a try. I only shoot whitetail with this muzzleloader.

Jason

Pooldoc- I was kidding thanks for the turkeys. They grew big too, I shot a 28 pounder and so did my dad. And my uncle took out a buddies kid for a youth hunt a he shot a 31 pounder.
Those are very large birds. Glad you can enjoy that type of sucess. We have a lot of turkeys in South Texas where we have a spring and fall season, but nothing that size. Enjoy and have a good deer season.

I use Scorpion PT Gold 260's with 110gr BH209. This was recovered from under the neck skin on a deer I shot quartering away. The entry wound was 3" (I guess I clipped a rib). The deer dropped on the spot.

f2b1ae37-f93d-42e5-bea1-012ae410561d_zpsda9afd81.jpg

Looks very similar to a 300 gr PT Gold I recovered from a 265 lb Aoudad this fall. It clipped his spine and he dropped on the spot. I'm yet to master Photo Bucket, but if you'll PM your e-mail I'll send pictures of it, a Barnes I recovered 2 years ago and what was left of a Hornady 300 SST. I'm a firm believer in the PT Gold after this year.

Looks very similar to a 300 gr PT Gold I recovered from a 265 lb Aoudad this fall. It clipped his spine and he dropped on the spot. I'm yet to master Photo Bucket, but if you'll PM your e-mail I'll send pictures of it, a Barnes I recovered 2 years ago and what was left of a Hornady 300 SST. I'm a firm believer in the PT Gold after this year.

After you upload your photos to Photo Bucket, just click on the photo you want to share. When you click on the photo, it brings up just that photo and to the right of the photo and somewhat down, you'll see a list of different urls and such. Click on the bottom one (IMG), and it should say, "Copied". Then with this window and post open, just click in your post where you want the photo, right click and then paste.

In my CVA .45 Magbolt, I use the Dead Center 195 grain .357 diameter slug and get 1 inch groups at 100 yds. Shot 2 big whitetail does in the UP of Michigan with that bullet and 100 gr of 777, weighed charges. First one dead where she stood. Second one ran 40 yards and dead. Complete penetration behind shoulders on both, big exit wounds with blood dripping on jackpine behind first doe.

Lost a nice doe last year with the shockwave. Shot two out of the heard both didn't have a blood trail or blood anywhere. Barnes or my old Hornady pistol bullets. And will get some rib sabots from harvester. Not digging the tipped bullets in Muzzleloading right now.

Used the Hornady all copper last year that put a good hole through and through one. Good blood trail although not need as it died in sight.

Going to try the Hornady FTX 250gr with the Harvester this year.

In my CVA .45 Magbolt, I use the Dead Center 195 grain .357 diameter slug and get 1 inch groups at 100 yds. Shot 2 big whitetail does in the UP of Michigan with that bullet and 100 gr of 777, weighed charges. First one dead where she stood. Second one ran 40 yards and dead. Complete penetration behind shoulders on both, big exit wounds with blood dripping on jackpine behind first doe.

I too have a CVA .45 Magbolt Ultra, great gun. I use the Precision Rifle MZL. 250 gr. QT bullet with 90 grs. 3f Goex BP it knocks them deer pretty hard.

126gr of BH209 followed by Barnes 250 TEZ is load of choice out of my Encore. Deadly accurate. My 10 year old son shot his first deer a couple years ago at 170 yards with it through the lungs. Massive blood trail that lasted all of 90 yards.

Any pressure signs by going over the max? I going to try scorpions gold in 300 gr. 84g. weighed or 120g. of 209bh. Would like to shoot a deer out to 250yd. And have the energy to do it.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts