MOA Bases

skip AI

Im after some advice on which MOA bases (tapered) I should purchase, I would like the bases I get to have a minimum of 20moa.
I have looked around at the Badger Ordanance and Nightforce ones, is there any others I should be looking at?
Can I get some reccomendations on which to get?
Do they suit most actions?

cheers

Near makes some nice bases as well. nearmfg.com is the link I think. Can anyone comment or give us a comparrison on Ken Farrel's bases and rings?
Skip- what rifle are you putting these on?

Look no further than Near Mnf!!! Awesome work I have 2 on my WBY Accumarks, very happy never seen any better bases!!! Very good customer service too!!

The farrell, badger, warne and nightforce are great items. I've used all but the nightforce myself, but have heard great things about them from the friends. My favorite has to be badger, but Leupold makes a 20 moa base that has worked flawlessly on my .223 for little money. I know what your thinking, a 20 moa rail for a .223? 1-1/4 barrel with 1/7 twist for the big, long bullets that will kill pdogs at hopefully 1000y. I have no experience with near bases. If you want a good 20 Moa base as cheaply as possible- go with the leupold for a permanant mount, or the Warne for a lightweight interchangeable mount(eg. Night vision/thermal/starlight).

I have a Holland one piece 20 MOA tapered scope mount. It is NOT a traditional one piece base with rings mounted on top. It is a one piece mount where the base and lower half of the rings are machined from a single piece of alluminum.(no lapping or aligning needed) It has steel caps that go over the scope to hold it. If you go here and click on "Remington 700" on the left side of the page and scroll down you will see his two piece mounts. These alluminum mounts are light and bombproof. I have them on a .308 but I would stick them on any caliber gun you can shoot from your shoulder.

[ QUOTE ]
Glee Seekins makes some great bases and rings I saw them at the shot show.Call him @208-743-5538. web site- www.seekinsprecision.com.--- email @ [email protected]

[/ QUOTE ]

All Seekins...

d.jpg

Nice stuff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif 25MOA base, 6-screw rings...and the price wont make you cry...

JB

Thanks Jason,

Sorry for the lack of info on the site. It's a temporary site while i work on a very nice one. The bases come in 0,25 and 35moa. I will also do them in a custom MOA for a 25.00 more. I will have quite a bit of parts in stock very soon. I Design build and inspect all of my products myself. You wont get it out of my hands if its not perfect. 100% satisfaction is guaranteed.

Glen

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.