Memorial weekend scouting trip pics

winmag

Well this was supposed to work, but..... see post number 10 for more pics (Roy and Bigngreen helped me out)

tjs016-1.jpg

Sorry for my computer/tech mental issues. I saved a pile of pics on Photo buckett.
Oh well. We had a great time playing around on the breaks of the Snake River. We climbed 3000-3800 vertical feet from the river to the top (of our hunts not the top of the mountain), often in less than a mile horizontaly from the river, then in reverse order back down again with a different route into another draw back to the river, for 3 days strait. By the last day we just stayed on the ridges glassing draws. Im a bit tired and sore, but it was all worth it! We saw Elk, Mule Deer, Grouse, Turkeys, and even some Whitetail way down low. The Bears are still up high, but theyll be in these canyons before long. There are no blooms on the Huckle berry bushes yet, but theres more berry bushes this year than Ive ever seen in the canyons. Lush is an understatement!
With the incredibly wet spring we've had this year, most of the snow pack up high has melted. Im betting that late this summer/early fall its gonna be dry as a popcorn fart. The deep cool canyons are gonna be the tickett for bruins.
If I time it right with the ripening of the wild plumbs, and huckle berries this will be a BANNER year for Bears back home.

Last edited:
Sounds like fun and a great workout! I had the same problem posting pics for months. Now I can post at will. The two things I did (I use a Mac) were log on to LRH using Foxfire and make sure in the line where you click and paste your link that it does not have http// twice. Delete one and try.

Good luck

P.S. you can also post a link to your pics at photobucket and we can check them out there. Peace

Thanks for posting your trip . Sounds like you had some fun and possibly lost a pound or two :D

Bigngreen, I got your P.M. Thanks. How do I go about posting the link to photobuckett without giving out the user name and password? do I do it on Photo buckett? or L/R/H? Soooooooooooo confused by technology. Sorry.

Hey winmag,

Its as simple as this. Go to photobucket. Below the pic is a box that says "Direct Link" there is a URL address there. Click on it. Press Control C on PC or Alt C on Mac. That puts the link (url) to the pic on the 'clip board' of your 'puter.

Then in your LRH post click on the icaon above where you write tthat looks like a post card with a mountain and a postage stamp.

A drop down window open. When that window open without doing any thing else, Press Control V or Alt V for Mac. This will over write the http:// that is already hi-lighted.

Click OK or press <Enter> and waaLaa there's the pic.

Control C = Copy and Control V = Paste.

Another way is to sell those darn rifles that don't shoot any way and with the money take some computer programming classes and learn all about APIs. Then teach me about 'em.:D:D

OK here's pics, it helps me so maybe it will help winmag.

test_2.png

the pic above is a pic of a pic from my photobucket, you want to left click the Direct Link and it will say "copied". Or you can highlight and copy the actual link.

test_1.png

Then open the icon that is in blue and right click the http:// and paste the Direct link over it, you don't want two sets of http:// then hit OK. It should show up in the text or if you preview it should be there.
If not try the HTLM code, my computer at work will not work with the Direct link but will with the HTLM.

Thanks for all the tips and pointers guys. Ill try again.
Things are getting spooky here. I looked and theres a pic of me all the sudden on the first page of the thread.
I havent even tried to re-post one yet............. OK, freakin weird. But Ill try your advise on how to post more, here goes...
tjs020-1.jpg

Steep country, but this is halfway down the hill
tjs023-1.jpg

heres some elk. Pardon the pic, its from my phone thru the 7xNikon on my 22lr
tjs024-1.jpg

One in the crosshairs, 1 behind the tree, and 1 directly below the tree
tjs031-1.jpg

The way down (above pic far ridge) the esay way up on the last day (below pic)
tjs030-1.jpg

We scaled the ''queens head'' and peeked into the 2 major draws below/behind it, but thats gonna be another adventure
for another day. Ill post more pics if you guys want to see some more. Theyre all scenery shots tho. Thanks Roy, and Bigngreen
for helping me
figure this out.

Last edited:
You better post a few more to make sure you don't loose it!! Now you have no excuse for no pics in your thread!!!!:D:D
Man, that is some nice stuff, although I think I would want to float them out not drag them to the top.

Good to see you going "live" with pics. Thats some pretty wide open country. You could really benefit from good optics out there.

This country is where I bear hunt. This is also the main reason I got interested in long range hunting. Then I became addicted, and well..........here I am. Dont let the open ground up high fool you. Theres places so thick in the bottom of the draws you cant get through, and the sides are shear enough you cant go around without going back up to the top of the draw. (I learned all this country the hard way:D), but its chalk full of bears at the right time of the year. The best way to hunt it is with 3 guys. 1 to bird dog up the gut, from the bottom and 1 on each side of the draw from the top covering escape routes.(we never shoot into the bottom while doing this). Youd be supprised how many different species of critters share the same main draw. And then theres my favorite, spot and shoot.......stalking is done when the wind sucks.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.