Member #5000. Who was sleeping on their watch?

4ked Horn

Was there a big fanfare and celebration or did this go unmentioned? I took a break from the LRH forums for longer than I thought I suppose. I was sort of watching the registered member number climb to 5k and then when I came back we were on member 5042.

Anyway, WELCOME 338 SS, MEMBER #5000. Registered on 9/11/05. Welcome aboard these fine forums. Jump in, swim around and enjoy the excelent company.

Forkie ! Hey !

I was wondering where you got off to ! Glad to hear from you . you are a valuable asset to this site , I don't care what ( pick a name ) says /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

God bless , Jim B.

Thanks for the warm welcome back. I have scarcely had time keep up on the newest posts much less to contribute anything worthwhile. I am hoping that I can get back into the swing of things here and in my shooting. I have been in a holding pattern on load development with some wildcats for the .308 which just makes me ill. I was hoping to spend all summer shooting and measuring but the weeks went flying by like a flock of teal with a tailwind. That didn't happen so I am seriously behind and will be moving at lightspeed to get caught up.

Thanks again, Good to be back with my international group of hunting buddies.

[ QUOTE ]
I have scarcely had time keep up on the newest posts much less to contribute anything worthwhile.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit playing with your new toys and you will have more time to shoot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Lets see...
Days on the lake with girls in bikinis and 165 horsepower waverunner between my knees or camping in the cool mountain air and riding a Kodiak by day and getting tipsy and singing karaoke in a bar in a town with 42 regular residents at night... Or... Getting up at 5:00 A.M. to be in the dusty dry desert by 7:00 to shoot for a couple of hours until the wind kicks up and the buzz worms come out. Then coming home and putting it all away by noon which leaves just enough time to mow the lawn before standing infront of the hot BBQ to make an early dinner.

Hmmm?

Yep, I'll leave the shooting for cooler weather. Which, btw, is coming around right about now. Different season, different toy.

I believe it was DAVE KINGS fault, he has been talking real strange about X's and Y's on his guns and scopes. I looked all over - couldn't find any X's or Y's on any of my guns or scopes.

Think he is getting a little wierd on us, about time for him to buy another rifle to get himself straightened out. Did I mention that another ROCK jumped into my life again - those rascally things just keep following me around...

Ian

Nope not me I was concentrating on the Z's lately.

Len's the member count guy. He's probably still deciding on suitable recognition... He'll probably have a plan where I end up giving my house to someone if they can reply to his give-away post in .21 seconds or something (like the last great give-away where he offered up about $72 million of my life savings.) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Welcome aboard # 5,000. (and in keeping with current society self esteem criteria.

Welcome aboard to #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, ......fast worward about a week.... # 4,999, #5,000, #5,001, #5,002, #5,003, ...... sorry for the shorthand ... #5,043. Whew!

And now for the birthdays. Tom Felton, Bonnie Hunt, Scott Baio, Joan Jett, Andrea Bocelli, Nick Cave, Johnette Napolitano, Debbie Boone, Shari Belafonte-Harper, Tommy Lasorda. Belated Bithday wishes to H. G. Wells, Stephen King, Larry Hagman, Bill Murray, Faith Hill,

Ian

I have a new rifle being built right now, not a G-A though. I called George yesterday but he was away from the shop getting ready for a trip to his cabin.

I'm for that. Definately Daves fault. Did you notice his flipant response then an immeadiate attempt to change the subject. He even tried to blame our wonderful leader Len. Has he no shame?
Tisk tisk.

I'm not clear on the rock thing. Would this happen to be a real rock or a Rock barrel?

Mrs. Forkie here...

[ QUOTE ]
before standing infront of the hot BBQ to make an early dinner.

[/ QUOTE ] Have you taken up residence at someone elses house? If I recall correctly, 'tis always me tending the BBQ. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

But in all fairness, I have a new Benelli Montefeltro that has been in the house for over a month that I haven't even had time to shoot yet. The next two weeks are out so that puts us well into October before we can shoot. Bummer. So many toys, so little time. Beware little chukars, I'm coming for you soon.

Mrs. F.

Horn,
We are talking a ROCK, as in GA's nasty little 22 inch barreled Rem M-700 tackdriver. Some have Mike Rock barrels, some have Broughtens or Schneiders.

Jimm,
I'm with you! when I saw him posting again, it felt good.
So...4kedHorn, welcome, we don't care what they say bout you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.