Meanwhile on RS they're killin bear, deer, elk , and moose with .223 and 77gr TMK.

Bob Hagel passed away in 2005. A lot has happened in the firearms industry since then. Would the 300 WM be enough gun?

That fully depends upon the situation! In the majority of locations across the lower 48…..a resounding "YES"!

However, in some places under certain situations……nothing you can carry will feel adequate! So, in those areas…..you make a logical compromise! memtb

That fully depends upon the situation! In the majority of locations across the lower 48…..a resounding "YES"!

However, in some places under certain situations……nothing you can carry will feel adequate! So, in those areas…..you make a logical compromise! memtb
Well I have a post comparing the terminal performance of the .223/ 77 TMK against the 300 WM 180 gr TTSX.

I'm taking my .177 Crosman 760 pellet gun deer hunting this year. If I pump it 20 times, it gives me enough energy to kill deer at 11 yards. Only an idiot would use a larger rifle, the recoil would likely kill the hunter.

Wake up, sheeple!

I'm taking my .177 Crosman 760 pellet gun deer hunting this year. If I pump it 20 times, it gives me enough energy to kill deer at 11 yards. Only an idiot would use a larger rifle, the recoil would likely kill the hunter.

Wake up, sheeple!
We call that a strawman's fallacy.

Go take a look at the pictures and see if you can tell the difference.

I'll have to go take a "lookie see"!

Without having yet looked…..what would you expect the wound channel/tissue damage look like after about 3 or more feet of bullet travel through the animal? memtb

"A straw man fallacy occurs when someone distorts or exaggerates another person's argument, and then attacks the distorted version of the argument instead of genuinely engaging."

I'll have to go take a "lookie see"!

Without having yet looked…..what would you expect the wound channel/tissue damage look like after about 3 or more feet of bullet travel through the animal? memtb
I'll suggest you go through the pictures and decide for yourself. Are you describing a Texas heart shot?

I'll suggest you go through the pictures and decide for yourself. Are you describing a Texas heart shot?

That could be the case! Or, perhaps some of the larger game mentioned in this conversation! A steep raking shot on a big animal could indeed require several feet of penetration to get to vital organs! memtb

That could be the case! Or, perhaps some of the larger game mentioned in this conversation! A steep raking shot on a big animal could indeed require several feet of penetration to get to vital organs! memtb
I don't take a Texas heart shot nor do I shoot through the *** of any game.