MCR BAT Vampire 6.5 PRC build

Benchrest Braxton

Just wanted to share a rifle that I helped my buddy plan out that was just finished by Kevin Cram at Montour County Rifles here in PA.

My friend wanted a no budget do all rifle, with the ability to plink at a mile if need be on rare occasions. We initially wanted to go all carbon fiber and lightweight components, and originally we had everything, even down to the scope mount (carbon fiber).

We had chosen a BAT Vampire with the potential for a future long action cartridge and the ability to run no length limitations for the heavies, 26" Proof bull barrel (due to availability), MDT HNT26 stock, NF NX8 4-32, TBAC ultra 9 and chambered in 6.5 PRC throated way out for the heavies.

When all the components were dropped off at Kevin's shop, Kevin informed us that we were pushing the boundaries on the existing inlet for the HNT26 stock. Due to the profile of the Vampire and the thin magnesium chassis it was just going to be too risky.

After much deliberation we decided to go with the Manners T4A team stock. At this point all that was left was the wait for the stock to come in. We ordered it with the CIP long action mini chassis, and about a month later we were informed that the they could not do the mini chassis for the Vampire inlet, so we decided to go ahead and continue with the stock and just have Kevin stress free pillar bed it.

Fast forward about 6 months I got a call from Kevin that the stock had finally come in and was going to be in bedding in a few days.

Well a few days ago the day has finally come for pick up and just had to share this beauty and the load work up I done on it for him.

The final build specs:

BAT Vampire
26" Proof 1.200" bull 1:7.5 twist - 6.5 PRC AW2 reamer
Manners T4A team with double dead shell/Elite Swamp camo
NF NX8 4-32 F1 MOAR
Area 419 Match rings HIGH
Triggertech SS diamond set at minimum
Hawkins CIP 3.850" DBM
MDT 3.850" CIP metal mags
TBAC 3/4"-24 CB BRAKE
TBAC ultra 9 suppressor (not pictured)
ATLAS BT15 Picc rail
ATLAS BT65-LW17 GEN 2

So far ramshot magnum produced 2.5" shotgun groups with both 153 atips and 150 matchkings. This surprised me because I did load work up for another friend's rifle and it did well with this powder

I switched over to N565 and its now shooting sub moa with ease. 3 shots pictured was 58.0, 60.0, 62.0 grains (DO NOT USE THIS DATA) at 100 yards. Did some testing as well at 300 yards afterwards and it looks like this rifle is going to hammer.

This may be one of my favorite guns I have shot to date, everything on it just reeks of quality and is an absolute pleasure to shoot. He will be coming in on Monday to pick up his new rifle and I know he will be thrilled with it. I must say I am definitely jealous this rifle isn't mine!!!

Kevin was a pleasure to work with and did an absolutely incredible job on getting this rifle put together.

Attachments

• IMG_1810.jpeg
    IMG_1810.jpeg
    425.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1937.jpeg
    IMG_1937.jpeg
    378.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1811.jpeg
    IMG_1811.jpeg
    495.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1789.jpeg
    IMG_1789.jpeg