• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Manual Lathe & tooling - Houston TX

jd126

1980's Republic Lagun 14"/21" X 60" gap bed lathe. 5hp. D1-6 spindle nose. Comes with original chuck. Steady rest. Taper attachment, but is missing the bed clamp. Gunsmith spider chuck, spider for spindle. 4 jaw 10" Bison chuck. 3 jaw 8" Bison set true chuck. 3 jaw 8" Bison chuck. 32 sets of soft jaws. Aloris CXA tool post. 20 Aloris & Dorian CXA tool holders. Royal Center CNC point. Royal center standard point. Large Jacobs chuck on a morse taper holder. American Rotary 20hp Phase converter. Lots of tooling, Inserted turning tools. Carbide boring bars. Many carbide inserts. Spade drills and spades. Chamber reamers. Floating reamer holder. There's more tooling that I'm not thinking of at the moment.
Lathe is heavy, about 3,500 pounds. Bed ways in great condition. Not perfect but cuts straight and is still tight. Used for personal use. Was addicted to eBay and auctions years ago and thought I needed all this tooling and chucks but I probably haven't used half of it. Lots of various size material, barstock for projects.
…I've taken up knitting so this has got to go
$10,000 or best offer. Houston Texas.

Adding stuff as I think of it,
Gear A has a tick, I've taken cover off the headstock and no broken or bent gears. Not sure what it is. Never took the time to fix or adjust it out. All other gears are whisper quiet. Lathe came from Forum Energy out of an auction. Lathe was full of foam and apparently that's what they cut with it. Not sure of the technical name but the gear rack for the crosslide Z axis has a bent tooth. Doesn't affect operation but it's there.

E74319AE-BF90-44FC-BC01-E0973F4DD718.jpeg
DA2D8AC0-14B0-466C-A906-F7B8CE7846F3.jpeg
BDFA0380-5550-4944-BB21-AF2027CD271E.jpeg
BF8F3820-E7C9-4B02-B717-D1C06EEB40DB.jpeg
C9F7D451-AC74-48A8-8810-E7501E53EBCC.jpeg

Last edited:
I literally just bought a south bend yesterday. If you decide to split any of the tooling or tail stock chucks, spiders, phase converter, etc…please message me. I'm in Dallas and am overdue to say hi to some friends down in Houston!

1980's Republic Lagun 14"/21" X 60" gap bed lathe. 5hp. Comes with original chuck. Steady rest. Taper attachment, but is missing the bed clamp. Gunsmith spider chuck, spider for spindle. 4 jaw 10" Bison chuck. 3 jaw 8" Bison set true chuck. 3 jaw 8" Bison chuck. 32 sets of soft jaws. Aloris CXA tool post. 20 Aloris & Dorian CXA tool holders. Royal Center CNC point. Royal center standard point. Large Jacobs chuck on a morse taper holder. American Rotary 20hp Phase converter. Lots of tooling, Inserted turning tools. Carbide boring bars. Many carbide inserts. Spade drills and spades. Chamber reamers. Floating reamer holder. There's more tooling that I'm not thinking of at the moment.
Lathe is heavy, about 3,500 pounds. Bed ways in great condition. Not perfect but cuts straight and is still tight. Used for personal use. Was addicted to eBay and auctions years ago and thought I needed all this tooling and chucks but I probably haven't used half of it. Lots of various size material, barstock for projects.
…I've taken up knitting so this has got to go
$10,000 or best offer. Houston Texas.

View attachment 359512
View attachment 359513
View attachment 359519
View attachment 359520
View attachment 359516
Wow you got thousands in tooling. There is a few LRH members on the West Coast Area that were asking us about getting Lathe and tooling to start up DYI Chambering. Wish I lived closer if you were going to part out, but should sell it whole to a person to start or upgrade.
Keep it Posted should sell fast.

Wow you got thousands in tooling. There is a few LRH members on the West Coast Area that were asking us about getting Lathe and tooling to start up DYI Chambering. Wish I lived closer if you were going to part out, but should sell it whole to a person to start or upgrade.
Keep it Posted should sell fast.
Back off the tooling- I am in Dallas and will fight you if you come through here 😂

I literally just bought a South Bend heavy 10 yesterday

But, yeah- if someone wants the whole package they're getting a deal for sure

Back off the tooling- I am in Dallas and will fight you if you come through here 😂

I literally just bought a South Bend heavy 10 yesterday

But, yeah- if someone wants the whole package they're getting a deal for sure
HAAAAA
I didn't see your post as I was typing while you posted.
It's all yours brother
Those SB Lathes are really well built. It will be a lot of fun and cost you a small fortune on the Tooling. Gauges, Measuring accessories!
If you need any info on getting things for it send me a PM.
Len & Jill

Recent Posts