Magnum AR Project

Just what I needed.....something else to spend money on 🙄🙄🙄
I think we've all been there at some point lol.
Don't feel bad I'm trying to figure out what optics to run on one
Let me know what you decide on optics, I might be able to get you a good price depending on the brand. I just became an US Optics dealer, so I know I can get good prices on those.

I think we've all been there at some point lol.

Let me know what you decide on optics, I might be able to get you a good price depending on the brand. I just became an US Optics dealer, so I know I can get good prices on those.
I've been looking at their lpvo 1-8 I believe.

Masczek, any idea on if the current line of US optics is the same quality they were a few years ago?? Seemed like the ones I've been seeing used have been poor quality from a company I'd known to make great glass?

Buffer is 3.5 oz and BCG is 1 lbs 2 oz.

I honestly don't have a lot of performance data on the 6.5 PRC, I'm working on getting that soon. I do know that both my hand loads and factory ammo where functioning flawlessly in the 6.5 PRC prototype. At the time, hunting season was right around the corner, so I needed (and wanted) to get my 300 WSM upper dialed in. I'm averaging about 2815fps out of a 22" barrel. I'm using Norma brass, 190gr Berger VLD and 61.5gr of H4350.

I'm not the best shot, but I can manage just under an inch at 100 yards with the 300 WSM, when I have more time I'm going to try different seating depths to see if I can tighten the groups.

I've got a little over an inch with the 6.5 PRC using factory ammo. I'm betting that I can get slightly better groups with handloads, but that will be something I'll do once spring comes. I am going to take it back out soon to get some velocity readings though, I'm kinda curious on that.
So I know you said you were trying to keep the carbine length buffer tube I was wanting if that's what you ended with and what spring you were using. Working on building one but stuck on going with the rifle length or carbine with a stealth recoil spring.

I figure with the rifle I have more options with changing weight, but I like the idea of the quieter buffer with the stealth. Any imput would be appreciated.

So I know you said you were trying to keep the carbine length buffer tube I was wanting if that's what you ended with and what spring you were using. Working on building one but stuck on going with the rifle length or carbine with a stealth recoil spring.

I figure with the rifle I have more options with changing weight, but I like the idea of the quieter buffer with the stealth. Any imput would be appreciated.
I believe he did and still use a carbine buffer of ar10 design (2.5") that works with a properly sized gas port for function. With 6.5prc and 300wsm most likely will have different sizes (can't say for 100% tho). Both 22" barrels w/+2 gas. Tho I don't know the buffer weight?

I'm using a standard buffer and spring (the Aero Precision AR308 kit). I'm currently building another rifle with a rifle length buffer. I'm guessing it will be a little easier to tune so we'll see how well it works. It's a sweet carbon fiber build, so I'll be sure to post some pictures of it and let you all know how much it weighs once it's finished.

I'm using a standard buffer and spring (the Aero Precision AR308 kit). I'm currently building another rifle with a rifle length buffer. I'm guessing it will be a little easier to tune so we'll see how well it works. It's a sweet carbon fiber build, so I'll be sure to post some pictures of it and let you all know how much it weighs once it's finished.
I wouldn't be surprised if someone is wanting a 7prc.