LRH Montana Prairie Dog and Rock Bustin Fest

OK... here's the latest...

After coordinating with Steve (RockyMtnMT), the new dates are 29-31 June. I am actually going to drive out and check out some spots tomorrow. I'll report back on what I find.

Looking forward tomeeting a few of you and seeing your outfits and skills.

Regards,

Mark

I went out and talked to a rancher East of Roundup Sat and he showed me a spot on the map were there were a couple of dog towns and said go kill as many as you can. I drove out there, about 20 miles down a county road in the middle of nowhere, and found a good size town maybe a 1/2 mile x 1/4 mile with hundreds of fat dogs running around. The layout is very good... some relatively high ground that overlooks the dog town. If we set up about 200 yds or so from the edge of the town we could probably get shots from 200 yds to well over 1 K.

There are some clay stretches of road that will turn to gumbo in the event of rain or a thunder storm. If you dont have chains and it rains, you will be stuck until it dries out. I always bring two sets of chains for all four when driving in this kind of country and have had to use them on several occasions. I could ferry one or two guys from the main road if needed.

If you're interested let me know...29-31 June (if I can get Friday off) other wise I will be getting there about 10 Sat morning.

I will be looking for some other spots, but for now this is the place.

-MR

I may come up for Sat afternoon or Sunday, where would I meet or make sure you get a map to me. How many people will be there, do you have a count yet?

Magic, It would be good to see you there. Right now, I think we have about 5 or 6 tentatively. If you want directions, please email me and I'll get them to you. Since this is private property, I would rather not post the directions in the forum. You'll find my email back in post 25.

Regards,

-MR

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.