• Savage 110 ultralight

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • Christensen arms ridgeline

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • Seekins Havak

Votes: 37 34.3%

• Total voters

SamuelBerryhill308

Hello all I'm trying to get some insight on reliability,accuracy and fit and finish is on few thangs I'm looking for here are few different rifles in the 1200 to 2000 dollar range that I've looked at

Any real world insight on these would be help also might add I'm looking at these in 30 cal I've handle most of the ones one the list and and have shot a few of them but I'm tore what to go with I want a rifle that will last my life time and be able to hand down to one of my boys one day.thanks again

Last edited:
The Tikkas are very reliable and a great value for your money. I don't own any Tikkas, but I will soon. I own a Christensen Arms Mesa and I'm very satisfied with it. It's well balanced, the action is smooth, and was easy to load develop (in 6.5 CM). I also just purchased a Savage 110 Ultralight in 280AI, and it's very accurate in load development. It's not a real fancy rifle, but it's a shooter that if I drop down a hill, I won't be crying.

Bought a Christensen years ago. Sent it back to them twice before I got a refund. Bolt timing was non existent and a short stroking firing pin did it for me. I will say that I was refunded 100% of my purchase so that's good. You should look at bergara and howa rifles also. The bergara premier series is really nice.
I've looked at a couple bergara rifles and howa rifles as well I've heard some bad thangs about the bergara rifles with firing pin problems and extractors breaking but havnt seen any thing in person to back that up just hear say.and as far as howa goes I'd like to have s rifle that's threaded and there's not many howa rifle models that are threaded and not much after market support

That's quite a list of options to consider. Reliability is important, but you will probably find varying views. Sometimes it is a craps shoot and anyone that had or heard of a problem will chime in. It's really hard to separate reality from opinion in the real world. I believe accuracy kind of fits in the same space as reliability. Fit and finish is fairly easy to determine. You need to have hands on experience to determine this. I did this a couple of years ago and spent the time to go and handle just about all of them. In the end I just thought Browning felt the best when I held and shouldered it. Fit and finish just felt better and was more in line with what I wanted. Your mileage may vary.

I'm probably going to tick off some guys but I'll give you something to think on. From my experience more expensive rifles DO NOT mean you are getting better rifles.
In the past before I was able to buy nice toys I had a lot of cheaper rifles (Savage). Shot good outta the box and have lasted many years..... Still got em shoot em love em..... In the last 5 years or so I have been lucky enough to afford some nicer toys. I first bought a Benelli shotgun SBE3.... Had to send it back, factory flaw, but they did fix it. Next I bought a Weatherby Accumark, I have shot literally thousands of dollars of ammo through it to get it to anywhere near what factory says it will shoot. Next I bought a Christensen Arms Mesa...... Had to send it back, factory flaw, but they fixed it.
I am not picking on these manufactures, however I was very unhappy at the time, looking back I just wonder if I would have been better with a Savage or Howa or just a cheaper brand gun.