Longest Handgun Kill

Hunlee,
If you have a Weaver style base I would recommend the Burris Signature Z Rings. With their plastic inserts you can adj your scope for longer shooting and it won't mark up the scope. They are a little taller rings but that may help you cocking the hammer under the scope, without the aid of a hammer extension.

Mike

Hunlee look for scope ring today some butt not find any that work for weaver base.Maybe hunlee call Midway tomorow for some.Burris with plastic inside you say,,,this have hunlee confused some???Allway thinking steel or aluminum ring better than plastic for ring but hunlee look in Midway book to see them,allso ask nice man on phone about them aswell.Sure hope they arnt mush money as hunlee spend some extra money this week

hunlee

Burris Zee Rings

hunlee,

Try these folks, I just got a set of the zee rings with the adjustable inserts. They fit nicely on my weaver rail. Talk to them and tell them what you are trying to mount it on and they can help you out. Good bunch to deal with.

Colorado Optics
1746 E. Mulberry
Fort Collins, CO. 80524

Phone: 970-472-5600
Email: [email protected]

Here in this part of the state, we can only hunt with straight walled calibers.
I shot this WT doe with my S&W 629 Classic 44 Mag and a 250 gr PT at 60 yds. Scope is a Leupold M8 2x.
JDDoe44Mag122405.jpg

JD338

Never weighed her, just an average old doe that was hanging around in the back 40. There are some nice buck around too.

JD338

Hunlee is wanting to say good shooting to you JD.Hunlee is impressed.Allway before hunlee shoot rifle but now hunlee shoot Contender and love it but hunlee never shoot revolver like you has there.You has a six shot revolver?,hunlee is wondering

hunlee

hunlee,

The revolver is a S&W 629 Classic, 44 Rem Mag. It holds 6 rounds, which are my handloads with a Nosler 250 gr Partition bullet.

I hope this year to shoot a deer with my Contender.

JD338

Thankyou hunlee is impressed,allso like look of S&W pistol you has.Hunlee think youn have no problem getting deer with Contender pistol specialy if you have scope on there like hunlee use.Soon hunlee start in shooting new 7-30 water with 3-12x power at range getting ready for up an comming hunting season and long distance shoot inWyomging

hunlee

325lbs.Black Bear 80 yards Super Redhawk .454 Cassull with a red dot. Called him in with a dying rabbit mouth call. He now stands in my living room. Once I figure out how to download pictures I'll post. I'm a computer idiot.

I was calling him in. Him and a female came in at the same time. He was hoping to do a little dating, but I sort of ruined that for him.:) If you have never done it before, it takes alot of calling before you get one in. You have to call for about an hour almost steady. Then move a couple of miles and set up again. It's not like calling Coyotes that's for sure. Plus you have to get them in close enough for a revolver shot. It is alot of fun.

Mine is pretty modest compared with some of the preceding stories. However, I was walking with three other guys who had .22 rifles, at least two of which were scoped. I had a Ruger Mk II .22 pistol, 10" bull barrel, with 2X Leupold scope. We spotted a couple burrowing ground squirrels at about 103 yds. None of the riflemen thought it was worth a shot.

I went down on one knee and braced my elbow on it. Missed the first shot by a couple inches. One squirrel ran through the grass a few feet then stuck his head up just above grass level. Hit him in the head with the second shot.

Didn't tell the rifle guys I had over 15,000 rds through that Ruger, mostly at 50-100 yds. They were pretty surprised by my hit.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts