Long range all around western rifle

My shooting is done in Northeastern Nevada. Shots can be an easy 400 to 600 yards. The last Antelope we got was at 488 yards. My Mule Deer Buck last year was only 140 yards. Since I'm an amputee, I can't climb around the hills or Forest so I rely on the ability of my 300 Win Mag and my own ability to put the bullet where it counts. Basically, I've been relegated to being a road hunter so an accurate long range Rifle is a must for me. Add to that I'm 74 years old and am currently laying in a VA hospital after having a big Toe amputated. Right leg below the knee and big Toe on left foot. We have to do what we have to do. I wish I could go for a good Bull Elk but just can't traverse terrain. That's why I need a very accurate, long range Rifle.
Thank you sir for your service to our country! Get well soon and continue doing what you love to do .

The best all round rifle in my books is one that I can hopefully shoot accurately and close the gap to pull it off...

Our group calls this fare-game-&-chase,,, its part of the archery world... If it dosen't happen,,, we can at least say we tried... Ha... We're lucky now that we have 500+++ head of cattle to eat... LOL... Hard grass feed are the best...

Every furry critter in our Americas I've harvests less the Sheep and Goats,,, the thick skins have fallen to mid-bore and the larger land canons,,, of course I like the larger units since it puts them down fast,,, """or at least I think it dose."""

Yuppers,,, my hunting days coming up will be with the next size smaller boolitz,,, I'll need to close the gap for free hand or find a solid rest to reach out there,,, even then,,, limited distance will be the moto...

Always hoping for the magic 35 feet to 87 yards,,, of course the rifle and cartridge can reach out past that distance easy,,, not sure if me the shooter can. LOL..

Iron gong time this week,,, super hot loads to get the 308 Winny boolitz out there fore sure... At least there allowing me to tag the closer gong at the 1400 meter mark,,, sideways boolitz still hit hard you know...

My shooting is done in Northeastern Nevada. Shots can be an easy 400 to 600 yards. The last Antelope we got was at 488 yards. My Mule Deer Buck last year was only 140 yards. Since I'm an amputee, I can't climb around the hills or Forest so I rely on the ability of my 300 Win Mag and my own ability to put the bullet where it counts. Basically, I've been relegated to being a road hunter so an accurate long range Rifle is a must for me. Add to that I'm 74 years old and am currently laying in a VA hospital after having a big Toe amputated. Right leg below the knee and big Toe on left foot. We have to do what we have to do. I wish I could go for a good Bull Elk but just can't traverse terrain. That's why I need a very accurate, long range Rifle.
Thank you for your service to our country

Why would anyone hunt an Elk at 1000yds ?

Some States have had to hire State employees to go out and find Deer and Elk that we're shot and left wounded and are suffering, some of them due to these type of situations.
I don't think that we should encourage this type of long distance hunting , it's making many hunters look irresponsible .
I was raised to hunt with respect to the animal and other hunters.

Be a responsible Hunter and pass it down to the next generation.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.