Lightweight scope recomedations

So, if I figure this right you can now carry 1 LB more gear for your 1150.00 investment... All fun'in aside it's good to have a light rifle and I wish my Talbot Mounts were lighter .. Long days with heavy rifles aren't much fun..
AK

So, if I figure this right you can now carry 1 LB more gear for your 1150.00 investment... All fun'in aside it's good to have a light rifle and I wish my Talbot Mounts were lighter .. Long days with heavy rifles aren't much fun..
AK

Life is too short for not having the best gear You could buy...

... the scope alone is 2000 US worth... and I don´t regret any part of this project: I could shoot during night without artificial light (against the law) (pig hunting here) just from the light reflection of the clouds most times...

Pigeon
Is that a 50mm Obj. I've own one of those and a 42mm. Both Ill. 4a.. Great glass.. I've owned 3-12 Schmitt's also great glass.. I have Zeniths and Safari's in Schmitt's and a fixed 6x42.. I've got Zeiss's and Swaro's ..I'm with you !

AK

Last edited:
Pigeon
Is that a 50mm Obj. I've own one of those and a 42mm. Both Ill. 4a.. Great glass.. I've owned 3-12 Schmitt's also great glass.. I have Zeniths and Safari's in Schmitt's and a fixed 6x42.. I've got Zeiss's and Swaro's ..I'm with you !

AK

Yep a PV-N 3-12x50 - so 50mm glasses.

Oh yes, they are brilliant. The high prices stops me from buying more, but... new ideas are coming up...

By the way: have You seen the latest Swarovski´s ? Z6i 2,5-15x44 or 3-18x50 ??? With BallisticTurrent and HD lenses???

Just the HD lenses are making me crazy about buying some... Argghhh...

Pigeon,
I haven't looked at any of those new Z's.. Like you I'd have to own
one if I did.. Got any extra Blaser Ball Caps..

AK

Yep - if You want one, drop me a note - I have a few Blaser Caps here...
(and also if You like one of the Swaros... )gun):D

Klaus

I weighed alot of scopes and investigated the weight of scopes when I was assembling a ltwt .270 outfit recently, and the lightest ones were 2-7x32 and 3-9x32. Leupold makes both. I chose the 3-9x32 ( not Leupold ) as the wt was only 2oz more than the 2-7. I was able to keep the whole rig at 7.7# scope and sling included. If you go anything m,ore than a 32mm ocular you'll be adding lbs.

I If you go anything m,ore than a 32mm ocular you'll be adding lbs.

for sure, but I need the big objective diameter for light gathering as I go hunting pigs during night with this gun as well...

And I have the advantage of having 12x power (If I would buy again, the new Z6i 2,5-15x44 or 3-18x50 would be my choice I guess)

So of course the scope is adding weight, but without a good scope (and this means for me also light gathering scope) I could not use the gun for my tasks and it would be worthless for me...

Klaus

This is pretty hard to beat for a light weight with enough power to hunt those high tops and timber. The coating and class is up graded for a FX-3 model, very, very bright and clear for the price tag.
FX-3 6x42mm with Heavy Duples Leupold

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts