Lightweight 338 suppressor

I'm doing my 338 suppressor research as I see several are on sale right now. My top 3 picks are:

Thunderbeast (really too pricey compared to others that are on sale)
AAC Titan TI
Griffin Ultralight
SAS Vengence MX
Lane Scorpion Magnum TI

The Griffin stands out as its less of everything than the others. I estimate my round count through it would be 500 a year. I'm thinking that the Griffin fist the bill for the light duty. However, with a $200 tax, I'm thinking a suppressor is for life . Therefore, the cry once rule may apply.

So far I'm happy with the Griffin. I haven't had a chance to shoot it much thanks to the pandemic, but it seems to work very well on 308 subs in my yard. I need to get another mount so I can put it on the 338lm and test that. I'm hoping to ve able to get out this weekend and test for accuracy changes with it.

I like that it's fully user serviceable. If I decide to put 2000rnds of 22lr through it, I can just take it apart and clean it. The only semi it will go on is my 300blk fur home defence so the rate-of-fire limitations don't bother me. I bought it to hint with, and as far as lightweight 338lm and 300rum capable suppressors go, it's the best option I found. Everything else was MUCH heavier and/or double the price.

Last edited:
Be careful on the Crux, make sure to check can that the Crux Logo is only lightly stamped. Our 338 started cracking right away. Look at pic below. Now dealing with the ordeal to get resolved. We have two other Crux that are good. Just beware!
20200410_192033.jpg

Rex silentium? A bit heavier than the TBAC, but very well constructed. Handled a few different cans a couple months back and was favorably impressed. Pretty inexpensive compared to a few others, well built and a Montana company. Worth a look.

I looked a those as well. I like the idea of their Mod X but it appears the shorter segment is really only good for pistols. MG10 is attractive for price as well.

Bringing this back up. Looking at a big bore suppressors and wonder if there's any other feedback
TBAC 338 Ultra is still the one I choose for 338 LM. It's quiet - 10 dB quieter than my Hybrid 46 on paper. I have no other comparison other than my opinion that it's a noticeable difference between the two cans. It's not that heavy, the rifle weighs something around 18# with a barrel that's 26" long so it's not like the setup is "handy" in any sense of the term with or without the 11" can.

SiCo Hybrid 46 is a nice universal can that can handle 338, it's what I'm planning on using on my 8.6 Blackout. Zero complaints, takes any Bravo mount so can be direct thread or ASR, and multiple front caps for different calibers. Would highly recommend as a first/only can to anyone, but it's not a specialized design so it'll never be the shortest, the quietest, the softest, etc.

Hopefully I don't nuke it, SiCo didn't give me an answer on minimum barrel length because they don't know anything about the 8.6 BLK apparently, but TBAC said rock'n'roll at 8". Would be odd to have the can be longer than the barrel, but I have high hopes for 300 gn bullets moving Hollywood quiet 🤞300 BLK is quieter than an airgun with the TBAC on.

Last edited:
I really like the AAC TItan QD. A couple of friends use them on the M2010s. After a couple of sessions on the KD range comparing them to my legacy FA762SS, I bought one. Mine is still in jail on eForm4 since July this year.

Rex silentium? A bit heavier than the TBAC, but very well constructed. Handled a few different cans a couple months back and was favorably impressed. Pretty inexpensive compared to a few others, well built and a Montana company. Worth a look.
I have a Rex Silentium MG10 Ultra .338 for my build in progress. I wanted to support my local economy and am glad I went this route. The MG10 is my 2nd made in Montana suppressor; the first was from Eliteiron.

Rex Silentium MG10 Ultra .338.jpg

I went with the TBAC 338 Ultra. Certified on 3/9, so hopefully the approval is coming within the next several weeks. I'll let you know how it works out on my 338 RUM, but with all the great reports, I have no doubt it's going to be a great can.