Leupold vx-5HD or Zeiss Conquest V4

Prieto9000

I'm getting a new rifle built for medium range hunting. I'm considering buying a sub $1000 scope for it, and I'd like to keep the scope on the light side. I saw this 2 as very strong competitors given my needs. I'm looking at the 3-15x42 leupold and the 4-16x44 zeiss. Which scope would you guys recommend for this task?? I'm open to other options as long as they're $1000 and under.
I'm not a huge leupold fan, but in this case I feel it's a good value optic.

I absolutely love my leupold Vx5hd. I've seen some people say they have tracking issues but I've never had problems with mine. For the price... pick one up off of here used. It has the best low light I've ever seen.

There's the Meopta Optika 6 scopes but the reticle options are kinda unimpressive.
I'm considering a Huskema 4-16 right now

I have a VX5HD 3-15x56(I think it's 56,it's big) and a V4 6-24. Nothing wrong with the V4 but I agree with livetohunt the VX5 is very nice early and late, really like the locking turret too.

I absolutely love my leupold Vx5hd. I've seen some people say they have tracking issues but I've never had problems with mine. For the price... pick one up off of here used. It has the best low light I've ever seen.
I have had 3 VX5HDs (3-15x56), still have 1. I also have a VX6HD. People usually say that "leupold has tracking issues", very few people have anything bad to say about the VX5HD line of scopes. I think Leupold hit it out of the ball park with these scopes. The glass is amazing and can hang with scopes twice their price. I run all mine regularly out to 1250 and they track flawlessly. I had one on a 270wsm that got the crapped kicked out of it on a Mule deer hunt on the pack out with me falling and stumbling around and it held zero. My experience with Zeiss is limited to a V6 5-30x50 - awesome scope, but I prefer my VX6HD 4-24x52.

I have used both and the Zeiss has a more solid feel to the clicks. I also thought the Zeiss was a little brighter but it was a 50mm and the Leupold was a 42 or 44 which ever it is they come with.

I have had 3 VX5HDs (3-15x56), still have 1. I also have a VX6HD. People usually say that "leupold has tracking issues", very few people have anything bad to say about the VX5HD line of scopes. I think Leupold hit it out of the ball park with these scopes. The glass is amazing and can hang with scopes twice their price. I run all mine regularly out to 1250 and they track flawlessly. I had one on a 270wsm that got the crapped kicked out of it on a Mule deer hunt on the pack out with me falling and stumbling around and it held zero. My experience with Zeiss is limited to a V6 5-30x50 - awesome scope, but I prefer my VX6HD 4-24x52.

I agree. The VX5HD is a fantastic scope for the price.

I just got the V4 4-16x44 myself. The optics are nice the tracking is good and the eye relief is long on 16x. The 3-15 looks really good too though and saves some weight. I think the Zeiss may have a slight edge in the clarity/light transmission.

I found a great deal on a demo 4-16x44 with the zmoa-t30 reticle which seems pretty nice. I think I'll order that one and see how it goes. After doing some research on the web I found out I can't go wrong with any of them. It's just a matter of preference and I like European optics a little better. I'll be mounting it on a cz-550 6.5 creedmoor I'm having built for whitetail and coyote hunting.

I also have a vx5hd 3-15 with the wind plex. It's a great scope will definitely proably be buying another or a vx6hd just to get a little more magnification. I highly recommend.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts