Leupold Scope Warranty Service

Just dial them up and down for a while... you'll see why! Returning to zero... That's where the issues have been determined!

FWIW!... I have about a dozen Lupy's that have held zero if I never moved the turret!
I have one VX6-HD and three VX-5HD's. This is the first that I have to send back.
But... I've read of other situations, where most of the "send back scopes" have been the ones that get dialed.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!
Could have something to do with it. I don't dial my hunting scopes ever. They make MOA and Ballistic reticle for a very good reason. Speed on target is often the difference between meat and no meat.

Well... I had a VX-5HD that went wacky so sent it to Leupold for repair.
They immediately sent back an RMA number to return for repair.
Upon arrival I received an email saying expect 8 weeks for the repair or reply.

Not throwing rocks!... Understand this!...I'm completely OK with that if they repair or replace it since it's not needed for some time and I know Leupold will stand behind their product!

Anyhow... I'm wandering what your service times have been with Leupold.
I have a couple of friends who have sent scopes back and had communication with Leupold CS or returned within 2 weeks.
I guess times have changed with everything and this should come as no surprise.

Just curious...
Thanks
Mine three, two scopes and a pair of binos was about 4 weeks. They totally rebuilt the 2,5-10, replaced the 4power with a up graded 1.5-5 and replaced my wind river binos.

Leupold doesn't warranty their rangefinders. Period. They offer a discount off msrp on a new one and customers later find out it's more than Cabelas every day price.

Their scopes are all eventually headed back to service. Day 5. Day 100. Day 800. Doesn't matter. They aren't durable. And their initial and repair QC might as well be done in China.

I won't own another. If I get one on a trade or whatever it's immediately sold. It's not worth the hassle.

Keep buying them though. I can get them for half off and won't. But you guys keep paying more then that. And keep posting about your eventual repair experiences and how well they went. How many weeks it took.

It's a delightful read and the humor is appreciated!!
50 year shooter, over 400 rifles. about 150 have leupolds. one time sent one in, back in 3 weeks. I have had no better experience with zeiss. lieca and yes your hallowed nightforce. my favorite scope for durability is a mk 4. personally luke NF, JUST DONT , believe the $600 difference is worth it, over a mk 4
also have mk 5 x2, and mk 8 x2. never a problem with either model. on 375 cheytac, 338 lapua, 28 nosler, 7mm stw

Well... I had a VX-5HD that went wacky so sent it to Leupold for repair.
They immediately sent back an RMA number to return for repair.
Upon arrival I received an email saying expect 8 weeks for the repair or reply.

Not throwing rocks!... Understand this!...I'm completely OK with that if they repair or replace it since it's not needed for some time and I know Leupold will stand behind their product!

Anyhow... I'm wandering what your service times have been with Leupold.
I have a couple of friends who have sent scopes back and had communication with Leupold CS or returned within 2 weeks.
I guess times have changed with everything and this should come as no surprise.

Just curious...
Thanks
Had one dud Leopold scope haven't claimed as yet? Was a cheap pig plex scope on a .22 and it's rubbish to be honest. Cheap & Good doesn't work

I don't remember how long mine took, but it was reasonable. A buddy had borrowed a rifle for our deer hunt and on the hunt he dropped it pretty hard and bent the front bell at the lip. It was a Redfield Revolution (leupold). They sent it back no charge and sent me a scope cover to boot. I don't own alot of leupold, but I like them. I wish they made more FFP in the $700-1200 range. I would own more.

I recently sent in my VX5 for repair (February I believe). I was quoted 8 weeks at that time as well. I would need to check the records to get it exact, but 6-7 week turnaround comes to mind.

Well, well, well!
What a surprise!

Less than 2 hours after I made my last post... I got an email from Leupold stating that my scope is on it's way back!
4 weeks to the day when they asked for 8 weeks!
Kudos to Leupold!

I'm excited to get it back and take her out to the range and get it dialed back in!

Thank you all for your supporting comments of a great warranty from a great American Scope Company!

Only had to send one back. A old vx II that the power adjuster ring was so tight you couldn't move it when cold. About 6 weeks until returned and worked like new.
4 weeks to the day when they asked for 8 weeks!
I love when they do that! My old gunsmith would always tell me longer than it was going to take. I asked about it and he said people are always happy when you call them and say it's done, early, rather than calling them and saying it's going to be longer than quoted.

Recent Posts