Lets talk waterproof socks

You may also want to look at a good boot.
I have Salomon quest forces boots, they have been amazing. Wear wool socks in them, even if wet they offer some warmth.
Even my cowgirl boots are fairly waterproof, having walked through marshes in them, across 6 inch deep streams, and more, my feet remain dry. But I waterproof them every couple of weeks.

The ones I was wearing are not waterproof. They are wet boots for hiking thru streams with drain holes
How often? How deep of streams? Is the ground there "swampy" all over?

If all you need to do is cross streams get some quality goretex waterproof hiking boots, maybe add some thigh gaiters for "over the top" protection. Sealskins are just a band-aid to the dry feet need. I actually used Seaskins like over 30 years ago and they worked, but they wear out quickly. I threw down the money for some quality goretex boots and never looked back.

In the Army I used a pair of Rocky goreTex over socks. They worked great in jungle boots, 2 weeks of rain in Ft Polk and I never had wet feet.

I use to do that too.Now we have better gear.I went upside down in full KOM wool in a good sized stream crossing, gun under and all.I wanted it so bad I peeled off wrung out and started hiking, snow on the ground.First hr was tough but it was a steep climb.Shot my best deer that day

Recent Posts