Let's talk about 2 mile cartridges

Here is picture of our 416HSM cases with screw in shellholders,

for Ammomaster, etc, and slip in shellholders for regular presses

Also have some for big LEE Classic and Smart Reloader presses..

A 378 WEA MAG in picture for comparison...

Second is stacks of 416 HSM, about a third fireformed

and the rest to be fireformed... So far total about 1700, Ed

hsmholders.jpg

workinghsm.jpg

Once you catch that virus, you can't stop..Tell you how it happened here.. I am too crippled to shoot, but got the ELR wildcat case bug.
Neighbor, Mitch, gets some 585HE cases, to wildcat. Few months later stops by to get more cases, shows me and our men a big target gun in his 375 lethal Wildcat, with biggest scope I ever saw, tells me he hit targets in practice at 2400 yds. Oh great I said keep me informed and keep getting cases. I thought ,well have good long range deer gun.
Few weeks later, I get email, '' Mr Hubel , I just won the King of 2 Mile Shoot with my gun and cartridge......" And we are smitten with the bug ever since, The words ''2 Mile Shoot"' like magic turned it on.Ed

Bob Snapp, 90, the great Gun Craftsman, of

Clare, Michigan, passed away Jan 28th....

He was an esteemed member of the

American Custom Gunmakers Guild,

Being its president in 1992..He liked

working with Martini Cadet singleshot rifles

.Worked with guys testing armor long time ago.

Maybe the 1st to do 20mm necked down to 50cal

We lost a great friend,,,Ed

I know you all can do it with your huge missle Cartridge's but do you think I can reach it with my 300 Remington Ultra Magnum with a 225gr ELD-Match at Max load ? After all isn't it a necked down 404 Jeffrey ? I can pack a lot of Powder in that Case. Any takers out there ?

Last edited:
Bob Snapp, 90, the great Gun Craftsman, of

Clare, Michigan, passed away Jan 28th....

He was an esteemed member of the

American Custom Gunmakers Guild,

Being its president in 1992..He liked

working with Martini Cadet singleshot rifles

.Worked with guys testing armor long time ago.

Maybe the 1st to do 20mm necked down to 50cal

We lost a great friend,,,Ed
Rest in Peace Sir

I know you all can do it with your huge missle Cartridge's but do you think I can reach it with my 300 Remington Ultra Magnum with a 225gr ELD-Match at Max load ? After all isn't it a necked down 404 Jeffrey ? I can pack a lot of Powder in that Case. Any takers out there ?

Put it like this. AB has already did first time hits @ the 3163 With the 300win mag and 215 berger. Otheres have took the 300 to over 3600 yards and hit.

So I would say yes it can be done.

If you are going to shoot 2 miles in Italy, you best shoot North to South because East to West width is only about 1-1/2 miles. At least it seemed that way when I was there.:p

Warner has a 198gr bullet with a b.c of .855???? Could be competitive possibily? Some say you need a 375 to be competitive at KO2M....Bryan Litz took 2nd in 2016 with a 338 Edge and 300gr Berger. Now Warner has a 285gr was it? 338 bullet with a high .9 B.C out of a 338 cheytac improved it would be hard to run with.

Flat line has a 256 and 300 for the .338 They also have a 400 grain .375 with a BC 1.1 something. Out a cheytac imp it could see close to 3300 fps. Hard to hang with that.

Bullet splash is one of the problems with smaller calibers.