LAPUA **Update**

Did they actually state there's a hold on 6.5-284? I know this has been the case for 284win but I don't remember that for 6.5-284.

Well ... Maybe adg and alpha will up their offerings to include the 284 variants. Peterson can't be the only guys in town for that. It's too good of a case.
There are several notifications from Lapua especially to Capstone Precision Group that is a main Dealer for Lapua. There has been notifications on 6.5x284 on no date to resume production and there is almost no in stock at any retailers here in the US. I have been looking for over a year and some of the latest prices on the 6.5X284 is $200.00 per a box of 100 all "OUT OF STOCK".
Out of the list posted by Lapua we can still find some of these cartridges except the 6.5 x284. The last box of the 6.5x284 we bought last year was $179.99 +ship & TAX ($22.60).

Lapua Ammunition has recently announced the temporary suspension of certain rifle cartridge cases due to continued high product demand and the impact of the Ukraine situation on market conditions1. This decision affects availability and delivery times for specific brass cartridge cases. The suspended cases include:

1. .22-250 Remington Match Brass Cases
  2. .222 Remington Match Brass Cases
  3. 6.5×47 Lapua Brass Cases
  4. 6.5mm Grendel Brass Cases
  5. 6mm Creedmoor Brass Cases
  6. 6.5-284 Norma Brass Cases
  7. .260 Remington Brass Cases
While this news may disappoint shooters and reloaders, it aligns with the challenges faced by ammunition companies over the past few years. Factors such as the COVID-19 pandemic, logistical disruptions, increasing fuel costs, and the general economic downturn have impacted production and availability1. Lapua intends to resume production of these cases once market conditions stabilize. However, prices of existing brass stocks may rise due to the suspension1.

Despite the current challenges, Lapua is actively working to improve its capabilities with new production lines planned for 2023 and 20241. Shooters can look forward to better availability in the future, even though the present situation remains challenging. Let's hope for smoother times ahead!

The loss of availability for the .260 Rem. brass from Lapua is certainly not a problem. Lapua still makes the 6.5 Creedmoor which is as good or better than the .260 Rem. especially since it's available and on sale!

1711559327145.png

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply....imer-unprimed-rifle-brass-100-count-bulk-pack

Every product that Lapua is holding back on can be replaced by at least of the several best manufacturers currently. Yes Lapua brass is top quality but so are other maker's brass. Alpha, ADG and Peterson are three of the best.

😊

The loss of availability for the .260 Rem. brass from Lapua is certainly not a problem. Lapua still makes the 6.5 Creedmoor which is as good or better than the .260 Rem. especially since it's available and on sale!

View attachment 558293

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply....imer-unprimed-rifle-brass-100-count-bulk-pack

Every product that Lapua is holding back on can be replaced by at least of the several best manufacturers currently. Yes Lapua brass is top quality but so are other maker's brass. Alpha, ADG and Peterson are three of the best.

😊
1711572986124.jpeg

I don't blame them. I have 700 pieces of new Lapua 260 brass that I tried to sell awhile back and couldn't get half of retail for it.
I just gave up, and bought a 260 AR-10 barrel so I could use it.

22 Nosler and 40SW brass is the same. You can't give that brass away.

Tony

He sure as hell doesn't want Volodymyr telling everything he knows about his family.
So, he puts Ukrainians ahead of Americans.
*And our Energy security in someone else's hands.
*And gives the world's worst hundreds of miles of an open gate to come right on in,
and do whatever they wish, and they WILL. While we pay for em, mind you.
*And pads the pockets of some, not all domestic, for electric vehicles with no infrastructure to support them.
*on and on
*he could NOT be more backwards. I mean his track record is 100%
China? Come on man……
This bumbling buffoon is a puppet for the sickest of minds, and any means necessary is what those minds will do to keep him propped up in the front. What a joke we have become on the World stage. They have before and they will again.
If this is not concerning and obvious to you, as an American, I wonder what vision you have for safety, security and freedom? It's not the same as mine.
Well said.