Labradar accurate or hype?

Like everyone else in this thread I'm very happy with my LabRadar, and its accuracy.
If you are positioning the forward facing surface perpendicular to your muzzle (not the end of a suppressor, and not clear back by your action so it's easier to touch the buttons) it will give you good data.
Berger pubishes BC values for their bullets in G7 and G1. It's free information just click on their website. They also publish twist rate information.
Berger also advertises as the lowest manufacture BC value SD, implicitly stating that the BC value is actually an average of possible values, this from a manufacturing perspective.
It's also accepted that every barrel will impart a small, unique, and repeatable change in BC to a projectile, by the way the rifling scribe grooves into the jacket bearing surface, and then those rifling cuts effect drag as the spin through atmosphere. This effect was marginal in my past experience, until I started playing with homogeneous alloy lathe turned projectiles, where the same lot gives noticeably different BC values in different barrels.
Sorry not for sale, it was a birthday present.

No, not solely. I'm using the Labradar for velocity. I used the Berger G7 published BC in the Strelock Pro solver. I shot it at a 1000 yards during different range sessions, to true the velocity, and then confirmed the truing at 800. I had entered all environmental factors in the app. I had to adjust the velocity in the app (trajectory validation) to match the come ups. The app added 60 fps to solve the balistic problem. I didn't adjust the BC since Berger is smarter than I am and I trust their bc is well vetted with that bullet.

Back to point. Have others experienced inaccurate velocity readings with a Labradar?
To your point, we don't think YOU are experiencing inaccurate velocity readings with yours. There are many factors that can result in your need to "true" your ballistic problem.
The tracking of your turrets is as much as +/- 3%, I've ran into that. Even high end ($3k or more) scopes that I have track +/- 1%. Try inputting 1.1 or .99 in your Strelock as your value per click and see if that doesn't make your dope line up. Test your tracking by performing a tall target test at EXACTLY 100 yards (measured from tip of muzzle to surface of target, measured with a tape measure) and I bet you dollars to doughnuts your scope tracing isn't perfect. None of the dozen or so scopes I've tested have been.
The accuracy of your actual target distance is critical, at 800-1000 yards each foot of actual range makes about a third of an inch of vertical, so being off on range by one yard could cause your 60fps correction also.

You can get in the weeds, or you can just accept that there are tolerances in every part of your shooting system, sometimes they stack with each other some times they offset or cancel each other out. It's very possible to figure out what the tolerances are in your system, (I'd start with scope tracking)
OR just let Strelock change that 60fps, make sure that you get the results on target you want, and drive on with life.
I wish you happiness either way you go. I love this hobby and hope you do too.

An old coot here. Long ago I acquired a couple of reliable old Chronys and then got a smokin' deal on 3 good Magnetospeeds. In a fit of generosity I gifted 2 of the MS's. Just too much "stuff." My wife says it's all got to go. But not the Chronys. This year I'm gifting the last of the MS units. Slowing wa-aa-ay down. It comes to all of us. I don't want my wife to be burdened w/all this "stuff."
We accumulate wa-aa-ay too much of it, and our spouses don't know what to do with it, so it goes out in the trash.
I'm about to assemble my collection of measures and scales for the same treatment.

An old coot here. Long ago I acquired a couple of reliable old Chronys and then got a smokin' deal on 3 good Magnetospeeds. In a fit of generosity I gifted 2 of the MS's. Just too much "stuff." My wife says it's all got to go. But not the Chronys. This year I'm gifting the last of the MS units. Slowing wa-aa-ay down. It comes to all of us. I don't want my wife to be burdened w/all this "stuff."
We accumulate wa-aa-ay too much of it, and our spouses don't know what to do with it, so it goes out in the trash.
I'm about to assemble my collection of measures and scales for the same treatment.
I get it!

Not as experienced as others here but I had ... actually still have a pro chrony but due to issues in reading and no consistency I put in a lot of research into a new chrony that reads well. After about 6 months of reading the good and bad I made my decision.

Ordered a Bullet Seeker Mach 4. Boy I have been in love with it. Amazing product. $$$ yup but I wanted buy once cry once. It's unbelievably consistent and reads almost always. My only complaint is that 6 months after I
purchased it Bullet Seeker came out with a mach 4 +. Ugg. E mail them to ask if there is a possibility of an upgrade and they told me they are working on it. But I couldn't be happier with my decision. It flat out rocks

Oh compared my old pro chrony to my BS mach 4 and pro chrony was 60 fps faster all around on average.

Oops my real point in this was supposed to be saying that I feel these things get us close but actual testing at distance is paramount. Targets don't lie. Just adjust from there.

I love to shoot and hunt, but I can honestly say I don't like all the setup and complications caused by the LR or the MS. Sure you can attach the inertia trigger on your rifle for the LR and get fairly consistent readings when shooting suppressed as long as you deal with all the annoying cords and false readings, etc. I just returned from the range and feel like I just moved out of my house. Four trips from my truck to the shooting area with too much stuff to mention. I forgot that I removed the Velcro tabs on my rifles and didn't have any extras in the tons of stuff I brought. The good news is it was a beautiful day and I actually was shooting very well from multiple positions. I call that a good day without recording one velocity reading. However, I have very limited data to use. Sorry for my whining…..

I had 2 MS V3's, one set up for on-barrel mounting and the other set up to mount on a pic or arca rail using the MK Machining mount, as well as a off-barrel Steinert Acoustic chronograph before I picked up a LR. If I'm not shooting at something with fur or hair on it, I want to be getting data for truing and future reference.

I shot with all 4 of them one time and on numerous occasions with the V3's to seeing how they stacked up against each other for speed, as well as repeatable consistency. Once I was satisfied with my findings I sold off the V3's, on account of the slight but consistent POI shift with the on-barrel unit and adjustment time necessary to consistently attach the MKM unit onto different rifles.

If I'm not shooting at hair or fur, I have a chronograph set up. The LR is by far the quickest to have up and running while doing load development and/or shooting at distance.

I love to shoot and hunt, but I can honestly say I don't like all the setup and complications caused by the LR or the MS. Sure you can attach the inertia trigger on your rifle for the LR and get fairly consistent readings when shooting suppressed as long as you deal with all the annoying cords and false readings, etc. I just returned from the range and feel like I just moved out of my house. Four trips from my truck to the shooting area with too much stuff to mention. I forgot that I removed the Velcro tabs on my rifles and didn't have any extras in the tons of stuff I brought. The good news is it was a beautiful day and I actually was shooting very well from multiple positions. I call that a good day without recording one velocity reading. However, I have very limited data to use. Sorry for my whining…..
I'll take the on bench setup of the LR over the setup of an optical unit ANY DAY. My LR is 100% reliable on readings with the Piet trigger, even when using with a bow.

I appreciate the input from all. A scope error could explain what's happening. (LEUPOLD VX 5) I have never noticed it not dialing where it was supposed to though. The groups at range move the appropriate amount.

No offense, but I would like to refocus the discussion back to the Labradar. I agree it has definite improvements over my Shooting Chronys.

I noticed a comment from Wallie about Suppressor position. I am shooting suppressed and I don't have an external trigger. In order to get any readings suppressed I had to move the Labradar just ahead of the end of the Suppressor with an 18 in offset setting. Is there a chance it is not picking up the muzzle velocity but something farther down range to get the lower reading?

My wife and I started our estate planning trust 3 years ago to address our estate. We do not want to burden our 2 sons on anything, including burial/funeral.