Kitchen renovation appliances

Hot648

I'm hoping for some practical advice on home appliances for a kitchen renovation. I need a new fridge (panel ready, no ice or water), ice maker (with pump), stove top, oven(s) and microwave. Some of those can be combined (like stove + air fryer/microwaver), but others can't (like stove top and oven).

Yes, most of the important decisions have been or will be made by Mrs fwafwow, but I'm trying to insert myself in some gear research components.

I'm hoping for some practical advice on home appliances for a kitchen renovation. I need a new fridge (panel ready, no ice or water), ice maker (with pump), stove top, oven(s) and microwave. Some of those can be combined (like stove + air fryer/microwaver), but others can't (like stove top and oven).

Yes, most of the important decisions have been or will be made by Mrs fwafwow, but I'm trying to insert myself in some gear research components.
Our kitchen was only three years old but it was put in by the builder and we didn't care for it. We have a new custom house that was seized by the government before it was finished. DEA seized it from a Drug Lord and we bought it back from the government 9 months after the seize.
I went all LG
I bought everything and had it delivered in the morning. I was around Thanksgiving and Jill was at work and then she went to a after work party. I had 13 hours to put all new Stainless/Black Fridge, Double Range, Microwave, Dishwasher, double SS Sink and went over the Cherry wood cabinets.
It was a Suprise and WOW was she surprised.

I do alot of home repair here in SoCal and one of my big selling jobs is trimming cabinets for people who have purchased new appliances. The fridges are now 3 " higher than the old ones and many appliances are deeper so they will stick out into the kitchen farther. Just a heads up. Measure your locations first.
Mike

Samsung is definitely a no go, they are trying to repair a well earned bad reputation with a 10yr compressor warranty on their refrigerators but even the Home Depot and Lowe's employees steered me clear of Samsung . I have a close friend and young guy at work that were both in the appliance repair business that can confirm to avoid Samsung like the plague. I went LG with our new stuff last year, bought the extended warranty on the fridge and have been happy so far and no issues but time will tell. The bottom freezer and middle snack/drink drawer are awesome, but our last fridge was free off the side of the road so I'm easy to impress 😂 .

We went with GE on our kitchen then GE on new dryer. Our appliance person is someone we know very well and he recommended them as many others even if dependable are very hard to get parts for. We have been very happy with them.
My mother bought a Samsung Fridge, 2nd one and they both have been problems. Mainly in the icemaker area.

I wouldn't trust Samsung either. Have had plenty of issues with a fridge from them. The advise I got from a mom and pop appliance store I've used since is to stick with the GE/Maytag/Kitchenaid family as the parts are US based. Warranty doesn't help much if it takes a month to fix your fridge. I have had two GE microwaves die since 2009. I have gone with Maytag on this one and have a gas range and washer and dryer from them that have all been doing well. They are 5 and 8 yrs old.

For as much as I like samsung phones and tablets, I'll echo what's been said about their refrigerators.... I'd rather have a cooler and bag ice than another samsung fridge.

Ge now, seems to be working.

Recent Posts