Kirby.....RE: APS actions.....are handgun actions in the future??

Dan B

Saw your mention of getting into making actions...so I have to ask!!

With XP's drying up and/or getting more expensive I was wondering if you will be making handgun actions for custom builds??

[ QUOTE ]
Saw your mention of getting into making actions...so I have to ask!!
With XP's drying up and/or getting more expensive I was wondering if you will be making handgun actions for custom builds??

[/ QUOTE ]

What a great Question /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[quoteWhat a great Question /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

First off will be the rifle receiver. I am going simple with this receiver as far as action lengths and everything. It is designed specifically to house my Allen Magnums and Allen Xpress rounds other then the ones based on the 408 CT case.

Once that is fully tested and available, I am thinking by end of June, I will be considering my next receiver project.

Yes, an XP type receiver has been thought about ALOT and it may happen. Just have to see how this first receiver goes and move on from there. The main problem with an XP type receiver is designing the trigger linkage system. Can not pick up replacement XP trigger systems just anywhere so that is a real consideration. The receivers would have to come set up with them. I believe Rifles Basix offers the actual sear housing, its the linkage and trigger that would need to be addressed.

We will see what this summer brings. I think it would be hugely successful with the XPs starting to dry up on the used market.

Kirby Allen(50)

Have you looked at the linkage of the HS's? If you needed to I would be willing to send you one of mine to give you an idea of what they use.
nmhunter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Kirby, Mike Dewey and Dell Taylor both make replacement trigger and linkages for the XP actions.of course neither have a safety.when i built my bullpup,i used a rem long action and put the xp trigger assy on it with a different shoe and linkage that i had made.i've heard you and others say an xp trigger could be set up to work very well. mine breaks very clean at 1.34 lbs. and i'm very happy with it so far.if it doesn't work out i know i can use one of their replacement triggers as it is an exact replacement.the non-safety issue doesn't bother me much on a long range gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.