Kestrel for LR hunting Q’s??

This is the pic rail mount I started with, it is a commonly available PVS-14 night vision rifle mount. 230_photo.pngUSGI_NVG_weapon_mount_main.jpg

I got it cheap and cut the J arm off. I made an aluminum two piece clamp with enough extension to hold the LRF in the correct position. 20240419_183240.jpg20240419_183415.jpg20240419_183442.jpg

Two screws hold the clamp together around the Leica, four screws hold the clamp to the PVS-14 mount. I made a fold out delving plastic flap to hold dope cards on the inside, and attached a small pic-rail to hold the Badger Ordnance K5 Kestrel 5700X mount.20240419_183636.jpg20240419_183644.jpg

I don't always have the Kestrel mounted on this setup, I have the Kestrel weather vane that allows better wind direction data to be Bluetoothed to the Leica.

I'm looking for a better solution for hunting. Right now I have a decent range finder and using the Hornady app on the phone. I've watched a few PRS videos and notice a lot of people use Kestrels. I'm curious if any of you do and if it's worth the cost, I'd it really worth the $500-900? How mush better is it that a range finder that has ballistics built in? I'd like to hear some opinions from people that have/still use either one.. Also which Kestrel would be best for LR hunting?
Thanks
We have had Kestrels for years. Bought two 5700 Elite AB Link seven years ago and use it all the time I shoot. Just recently bought another 5700 Elite AB New in the Box by mistake. Might sell it if your are interested.

That's called an impulse buy!
I actually forgot which models we had. We usually always buy the latest/greatest and thought we only had the 5700 AB models so wanted the 5700 AB Elite Link. So now we have THREE!
But you are right about Impulse buying. That is why I should be BANNED from LRH Classifieds. Almost wish there was a way I could turn off the "Classifieds".

We have had Kestrels for years. Bought two 5700 Elite AB Link seven years ago and use it all the time I shoot. Just recently bought another 5700 Elite AB New in the Box by mistake. Might sell it if your are interested.
Ok yeah let me do a little research on what models do what and PM if you want to sell. Sounds like I could benefit from one and up my game. Although I'm stuck between that and the RF binos with ballistics.

Ok yeah let me do a little research on what models do what and PM if you want to sell. Sounds like I could benefit from one and up my game. Although I'm stuck between that and the RF binos with ballistics.
If you get a Kestrel the Elite Ballistics is the one you want.