• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

J stevens model 70 pump .22, and 20 ga shotgun

mrbb

OK I am selling a few guns I just don't have use for any more, just taking up space, so am listing a 1907 J Stevens model 70 pump action .22 , its a very early first yr produced 3 digit serial number rifle, all original and in decent working condition(I have never shot it in decades I have had it, but is solid and functions as it should)
Bluing is missing on receiver and parts of barrel from use, and stocks are not cracked at all, but do have normal wear and tear from use.
these are getting harder to find and becoming more on the contactable side of things,
Gun is located in PA< at zip code 18237, I do travel about the state rather often, and am mostly ONLY looking at face to face sales, as not really interested in shipping if I can avoid it!
if anyone is interested I am always open to listen to honest offers and idea's

I am asking $ 550.00 or best offer,

and I also have a J Stevens Model 331, 20 gauge for sale, made between 1933-1936, only 3 yrs was it made in this set up, its in working order, rear stock as a slight crack(see picture not hiding anything)
case coloring is solid, bluing on barrel has some wear in spots but over all OK
, I am asking $ 500.00 OBO< on this as well, and again, prefer NOT to have to ship
these are again more on collector end ff LOWER valued guns (meaning they are NOT HIGH dollar guns now or were when new, being honest here, they were more working man guns back in the day)that are just becoming harder to find!

feel free to ask me any question if you have any!(and MODS" I am sorry if having 2 in one add is bad or wrong, not sure if this is allowed, if not, let me know and will correct!)

stevens 331 024.JPG

J stevens model 70 019.JPG
J stevens model 70 053.JPG
J stevens model 70 114.JPG

stevens 331 004.JPG

Your 22 is a visible loader model which have a bad habit of blowing out the firing pin into your eye. Not a safe gun.
Your double is a nice little gun, but appears to be missing one trigger. The crack is an easy fix but the pad kills it for a Savage/Stevens collector.
You might want to check your prices against "prices realized" at real auctions.

Your 22 is a visible loader model which have a bad habit of blowing out the firing pin into your eye. Not a safe gun.
Your double is a nice little gun, but appears to be missing one trigger. The crack is an easy fix but the pad kills it for a Savage/Stevens collector.
You might want to check your prices against "prices realized" at real auctions.
just to clarify for you, the Shotgun is NOT missing a trigger, it was from the factory as a single trigger shotgun, this is a rare version of this gun! so maybe you don't know as much as you think you do on this gun?

and as for the safety of the Model 70, .22, well, I didn;t design the gun, I have never fired the gun, and agree its more of a collector's gun than a shooter, its over a 100 yrs old, but it is what it is, as again it was designed by someone other than me, and it has its place in history for being what it is, and doesn't change that to those interested in adding one to there collection, there getting VERY hard to find!, which also adds value and collect ability to it!

and as for prices, I HAVE checked REAL AUCTION sales and adds of like guns
and for one cannot find any on the 331 in this set up, but others sold for close to my asking price several yrs ago!
and the 22, only one's I seen/found, have been on rifles in 80-90% condition and there prices were more than DOUBLE my asking price!
Owned a gun shop for many yrs sold thousands of guns, and feel my asking price is in the normal range of things, if you DON"T< so be it,
but I don;'t set prices on what things sell at, lots of things seem high top me, yet are the current prices for things
if you wish to make an offer PM me, if not,? if you have further issues with my things, feel free to PM me and we can discuss anything you like, so not to pollute my adds!, which I gather is not according to forum rules any how!

Very cool guns! I have a few guns that I would not shoot as well . I like having them to remind us how far we have come in the advancement fire arm design. To think how guns were built almost 100 years ago, compared to today, is amazing. Not sure why people need to be so negative. Why you had to write so much in your defense is sad, and frustrating. You should not have been put in the position to explain your post. If someone doesn't agree with the price of something, don't spend the energy, to "call out" the seller, move on to another post. We have so much divide going on in this country, you would think that at least, the fire arm enthusiast could refrain from attacking another fire arm friend....weird times we are in. We need to stay solid right now, our 2nd Amendment is under attack. Put that energy into saving our rights.
Cheers

OK Sold the .22 today, so that is gone, Shotgun is still for sale!