It's a whiskey tasting kinda of night ...

I am going to check in a couple fancy stores here in Edmonton and see if some is available.
I'd be interested in what you find. I stop in Winnipeg at the biggest store every once and awhile. Never much for bourbon, but sometimes a decent selection of scotch. I've never even seen Rare Breed on the shelves here. I'm very close to the states so I shop when I'm down there.

I found Eagle Rare at the store today! It's tough to find on the shelf near me, and I have seen it over $100/bottle so I got a couple at $60. I don't buy it when I see the crazy markup. I thought about buying all 3 they had but left one for someone else. The two I got will last awhile.

I found Eagle Rare at the store today! It's tough to find on the shelf near me, and I have seen it over $100/bottle so I got a couple at $60. I don't buy it when I see the crazy markup. I thought about buying all 3 they had but left one for someone else. The two I got will last awhile.
What age Eagle Rare? The 14 yr is good.....but the 17 Year Rocks. Just hard to find.

Call me a wimp if you will, but the burn of the high ABV bourbons takes a bit of my enjoyment away. Maybe it is the cumulative effect of too many years drinking throat burners. Now I will even put my bourbon over ice (a sacrilege by some) and sip away.

IMG_4453.jpeg

Cheers guys, happy Friday! @Mark37082 I'm ok with your cube of ice brother! Idea is to enjoy it!

Call me a wimp if you will, but the burn of the high ABV bourbons takes a bit of my enjoyment away. Maybe it is the cumulative effect of too many years drinking throat burners. Now I will even put my bourbon over ice (a sacrilege by some) and sip away.
High test is an acquired taste but for anyone that likes their bourbon on the rocks it will hold up longer. I've never done the cold rocks to chill my whiskey but it doesn't water it down. I just pour less and use big cubes or ball ice.

To the other post, 10 year eagle rare is barely worth $40 a bottle if you ask me. Three years ago it was $28 by me. $100? Nope

Recent Posts