It's a whiskey tasting kinda of night ...

Thanks for sharing and adding on the list for me to try. I purchased this book just for the hell of it :D ...

101 whiskies to try before you die.jpg

78 more to go. :cool:

Last edited:
I have a celebration drink, Jameson 25 year old, rarest vintage. Found a bottle 5 years ago that was barrelled the year I was born and sat on a shelf for 5years. i still have about 3 inches left in the bottle. Comes in a super nice padded case. It's a bit pricey, $300 at the time. Its gone up since then

I have a celebration drink, Jameson 25 year old, rarest vintage. Found a bottle 5 years ago that was barrelled the year I was born and sat on a shelf for 5years. i still have about 3 inches left in the bottle. Comes in a super nice padded case. It's a bit pricey, $300 at the time. Its gone up since then

I know what you mean about the premium prices. The Dalmore 18 is $240 and the Nikka Whisky 17 Taketsuru is $400. Luckily, this is all the wife's idea. ;)

It all started when we got a free unlimited drink package during our 8-day European river cruise. We got spoiled and tried all of their premium bar drinks. The funny thing is that my wife did not use to drink any hard liquor let alone straight.

I know what you mean about the premium prices. The Dalmore 18 is $240 and the Nikka Whisky 17 Taketsuru is $400. Luckily, this is all the wife's idea. ;)

It all started when we got a free unlimited drink package during our 8-day European river cruise. We got spoiled and tried all of their premium bar drinks. The funny thing is that my wife did not use to drink any hard liquor let alone straight.

I must confess, I am new to the scotch whiskey world. Only started trying it 3 years ago. Before that, even as a bar tender, I thought scotch was a drink those people in that island made from horse poop and dirt. Never could get a taste that I said I liked. Then I moved up to some nice stuff with a. Friend of mine who bought and gave me some to try with him. Now, I'm interested in them. I like the ones you show in your pictures. Not a peat guy. Too salty and fishy for me. But some nice ones for sure. Never had blue label. Don't much like the other johnnys.

I must confess, I am new to the scotch whiskey world. Only started trying it 3 years ago. Before that, even as a bar tender, I thought scotch was a drink those people in that island made from horse poop and dirt. Never could get a taste that I said I liked. Then I moved up to some nice stuff with a. Friend of mine who bought and gave me some to try with him. Now, I'm interested in them. I like the ones you show in your pictures. Not a peat guy. Too salty and fishy for me. But some nice ones for sure. Never had blue label. Don't much like the other johnnys.

It is an acquired taste. If you do not like peaty taste/nose, the Bruichladdich Islay barley 2010 is unpeated. My oldest son is the one that got me started on the JW blue, it is a very nice blend. Our base exchange sells them for $216 but at the Canadian border duty-free and exchange rate, it's 40% less.