Is there any interest in hunting lights?

interested to see some more info

Me too!

Sorry, work has been killer the last couple of weeks. Today was my only day off this week and I slept! I have several days off next week to put some stuff together, take some measurements, take some pictures, and post them here. I also have some other model lights that are due to be delivered either the end of this week or beginning of next week. Hopefully they will be here where I can build them at the same time. Variety is the spice of life right.

Ok. Just built a few lights and took some measurements. Candela and distances per ANSI calculated FL1 standard. Beam distance is 0.25 lux. Useable distance is about 50-60% of the rated distance.

White light - 250,838 candela which gives 1002 meters beam distance (1096 yards)

Green light - 132,777 candela which gives 729 meters beam distance (797 yards)

Red light - 92,977 candela which gives 610 meters beam distance (667 yards)

Compare that to Wicked Lights and Sniper Hawg Lights. It's almost double there output! :D

The downside, batteries don't last as long. Having not ran a test yet, I'm going to approximate the white light at 1.5hr, red at 2hr, and green at 2.5hr.

Prices:
Preliminary pricing is going to be in the ballpark of $130 for the light, pressure switch, red and white LED's, and case. Batteries will be around $10 a piece. I will have two types of chargers. One will charge in half the time of the other one (3-4 hours instead of 6-8 hours). The cheap one (1a charge) will be $10, the more expensive one (2a charge) will be $20. They both only hold one battery. This particular flashlight uses 26650 batteries to get the run time. It can also use 18650 batteries but you can cut the run times in half. Decent 2 cell 26650 chargers start out at $25-30. I only use quality, tested, name brand batteries and chargers. The measurements given above were taken with the SAME batteries that will be available for the light. No bait and switch where it was tested with one battery but sold with another.

Basically for $170 plus shipping you get the light, pressure switch, case, red and white LED's, 2 batteries, and the better charger. I can but would prefer not to include mounting options. There are many ways to mount lights and there is no one option fits all. This light has a 30mm tube and will fit 30mm rings (no 6 screw rings). I can include an extra high 30mm ring for probably $10 if you want. Picatinny scope tube mounts, ect can easily be found on Amazon or eBay.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.