Is Berger REALLY, making more bullets than ever? I laughed when the rep said that.

Scenars actually open up on deer?
Just in case that wasn't a joke:
24CH Deceased by Scenar
Pics start on the second page. Apparently they open up pretty well on many other critters too, including elk.
Also seems not all Scenars are great game bullets, but the 155gr .308 and the 139gr .264 have a great rep.
I just tried them for the first time last fall. Mule deer and antelope with one each of the above bullets.

Cheers,
Rex

I too have contacted several of the bullet, primers, and powder companies over a year ago and I got the same line about they're running 24/7/365, which I think is a load of crap. I think after the last, "where are the bullets", they learned they can create a shortage and by doing so they can charge twice as much or more for the same products, have less overhead, etc... and give lip service we're making more than ever.
I hate to sound cynical but something does NOT smell right, after a while the gov't orders & ammo manufacturers have to be filled and that is no longer an issue. After all, they used to fill those orders while we reloaders bought our supplies and there wasn't a shortage, so why now, again something doesn't smell right. I gave them the benefit of the doubt at first but it doesn't pass the smell test anymore imo.

I just checked Brownells, they don't have any Scenar bullets in stock, but say they're unavailable for backorder and a large number of them have been discontinued by the manufacturer or Brownells won't carry them anymore.
I also noticed the prices, 47.99 for a box of 6.5 hundred if they had them up to 84.99 for the 338 bullets. Since I don't use either I have no idea what they used to cost but for them not to have a single box seems crazy to me.

Dittos for Graf & Son, no 6.5.

Mile High has a few Bergers in stock for different calibers such as, 6.5mm 153.5gr Long-Range Hybrid Target, 100/Box.

Hyatt Guns has a lot of different calibers of Bergers and a boatload of not available. I should point out the bullets available here are match, long-range hybrid target, and some varmint bullets.

My point, if they're that important to you keep looking you can find some stuff, but be ready to pay a premium price for them, which is the plan imo.

The world's largest consumer of refined copper in 2020 was China. In that year, China consumed a 54 percent share of the total global copper consumption volume.

We all want those cheap phones, TVs, washers, dryers, refrigerators and electronics made in China.

Boys & Girls, the chickens have come home to roost.

Scenars actually open up on deer?

Very well

TxX10Fr.jpg

The world's largest consumer of refined copper in 2020 was China. In that year, China consumed a 54 percent share of the total global copper consumption volume.

We all want those cheap phones, TVs, washers, dryers, refrigerators and electronics made in China.

Boys & Girls, the chickens have come home to roost.
I'm a big proponent of buying American. HOWEVER, we don't make anything! If you take out everything in your house that's made in China or other foreign country, you'll have an empty house and, no clothes or shoes. So, it's a sad fact we're all guilty.

Boys & Girls, the chickens have come home to roost
America also shut down the last copper smelt refinery or, whatever it's called last year I believe. Lets go Brandon!

I'm a big proponent of buying American. HOWEVER, we don't make anything! If you take out everything in your house that's made in China or other foreign country, you'll have an empty house and, no clothes or shoes. So, it's a sad fact we're all guilty.
How many of you remember Ross Perot saying, there will be a giant sucking sound heading south if you pass NAFTA, he was right, except that sound went to China.

I would bet serious money that nobody wants to produce more Bergers then Berger. Same with the powder and primer manufactures. They aren't trying to create a shortage to jack up prices or whatever conspiracy theory you subscribe to.

It's simple supply and demand. When everybody panicked and bought every single box of bullets, pound of powder and sleeve of primers off the shelf it created a shortage that coupled with Covid couldn't be replenished. Stack however many new gun owners gobbling up more of a already exhausted supply and you get the perfect storm.

How much has PRS, NRL and long range shooting in general grown in the last 5 years? The NF elr challenge last year by my math 33,000 bullets were fired in 2 days and that's considered a low round count match. Then start looking at all the other matches with 200+ shooters and 200+ round counts. Then pile on Federal loading Bergers, the Berger factory ammo and military contracts.

Like I said, I'll bet nobody wants Berger to make more bullets then Berger does.

I too have contacted several of the bullet, primers, and powder companies over a year ago and I got the same line about they're running 24/7/365, which I think is a load of crap. I think after the last, "where are the bullets", they learned they can create a shortage and by doing so they can charge twice as much or more for the same products, have less overhead, etc... and give lip service we're making more than ever.
I hate to sound cynical but something does NOT smell right, after a while the gov't orders & ammo manufacturers have to be filled and that is no longer an issue. After all, they used to fill those orders while we reloaders bought our supplies and there wasn't a shortage, so why now, again something doesn't smell right. I gave them the benefit of the doubt at first but it doesn't pass the smell test anymore imo.
My guess is Berger has 5-10% marketnshare, probably much less when you consider 5.56 and. 7.62 are used for military purposes. If you are that small you cannot to begin to manipulate prices.

Recent Posts