I used my Huskemaw 4-16x42 scope at shooting school and loved it

Andy Backus

Field Editor
Staff member
Last year we built me a lighter weight mountain hunting rifle in 6.5x284. I topped it with Huskemaw's 3-12x42 Blue Diamond scope. I was planning to use that rifle for shots at game out to 500 or 600 yards. I really like the simplicity of Huskemaw's system. I use their custom lazer-engraved yardage turret to dial to the range I want to shoot and I use their simple moa wind hold marks to hold for wind.

This year Huskemaw released a new 4-16x42 Blue Diamond scope and I switched to it on the 6.5x284. My first chance to use it was a couple weeks ago at a shooting school in the Wyoming mountains near Jackson. The school was put on by Rob Wiley of Non-Typical Outfitters and I learned a ton about shooting in the mountains from unusual, improvised rests on steep side-hills, in boulder fields, at steep angles and in tough wind. Most of the shots we took were in the 300-600 yard range but we also did some shooting at 1000 and 1230 yards.

I couldn't be happier with the Huskemaw Blue Diamond 4-16x42 scope. It was the perfect power range for the shots we were taking. It was definitely adequate for the longest shots. If I planned to do lots of 1000 yard+ shooting I would prefer their 5-20x50 scope, but that's not what I have in mind for this gun or for the hunts I have planned with it this year.

-Andy-

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.