I sure hope this is a joke

Move to Texas iffn you are coming.
California and NewMoscow are worse than Canada and Australia.

Lots of critters to hunt too in Texas,
and Aussies are welcome, especially if you are like Crocodile Dundee and have a big Bowie knife
Yes, pick me. I never tire of dispatching pigs either.
They dont have a second amendment in Australia I dont believe.

In fact they pretty much collected all the guns in 1996.

Its always surprising to hear someone owns guns, reloads, and hunts in Australia. Sure aint in the cities.
No second amendment.
You can own firearms if you do the right thing and have "genuine reason" that's hunting, target shooting, pest control, vets, livestock handler.

Not saying it's easy but to be fair we just have some hurdles.

There is a lot of misconceptions about the American model, out government makes US firearms use ownership sound out of control.

Back to primers. Right now they are scarce in Australia, seems pretty recent but the writing was on the wall.

A mate said a few months back something like 20million primers arrived in Australia but a high percentage were turned back. Wholesalers could get better money in the US, ? Even shipping them to and from .
If they were on the shelf now I would consider $12 per 100 high, that's like $8 USD.

Some 20 million imported isn't 1 per resident. Ok say 2 million gun owners ,many reloaders but they were not even allocating 100 each,

Also ADI supply some Hogdon powders, also we are told Hogdon take what their order first.

Unlikely ADI, Australian Defence Industries is owned by Thales. But they load factory ammo and Military ammo.

But they import primers for their own requirements. No locally made primers.

You can read about what powder ADI have put on hold for this year .

Many can't source pistol powders. Many shooters are sorely inconvenienced

Last edited:
Could put a new spin on the term "explosive diarrhea". I can just see your folks running out to a blazing outhouse: "what happen Ol' Red (er, young red i guess)"

"I don't wanna talk about it…I don't feel very good…."
The whole outhouse did not burn. I got it put out fast. It was just a few pages from the Sear catalog and the bucket of corn cobs. The black powder, which did not require a primer, made a lot of smoke.

Yes, pick me. I never tire of dispatching pigs either.

No second amendment.
You can own firearms if you do the right thing and have "genuine reason" that's hunting, target shooting, pest control, vets, livestock handler.

Not saying it's easy but to be fair we just have some hurdles.

There is a lot of misconceptions about the American model, out government makes US firearms use ownership sound out of control.

Back to primers. Right now they are scarce in Australia, seems pretty recent but the writing was on the wall.

A mate said a few months back something like 20million primers arrived in Australia but a high percentage were turned back. Wholesalers could get better money in the US, ? Even shipping them to and from .
If they were on the shelf now I would consider $12 per 100 high, that's like $8 USD.

Some 20 million imported isn't 1 per resident. Ok say 2 million gun owners ,many reloaders but they were not even allocating 100 each,

Also ADI supply some Hogdon powders, also we are told Hogdon take what their order first.

Unlikely ADI, Australian Defence Industries is owned by Thales. But they load factory ammo and Military ammo.

But they import primers for their own requirements. No locally made primers.

You can read about what powder ADI have put on hold for this year .

Many can't source pistol powders. Many shooters are sorely inconvenienced
Dear CBH and MagnumManiac,

I Just received a notice from the hall monitor that my original post about moving to Texas and not New York or California was toooooo political.
It was removed. Or was it the part about Crocodile Dundee and his big knife? It was probably my disrespect fer New York.....my euphemism....describing that wunderful state. California has some good euphemisms too.

So my invitation is hereby rescinded
by order of the LRH high hall monitor. Sorry, you will just have to move to places where there is censorship, the laws are anti firearm, and there is no home on the range, and not even a range.

I can give you no warnings, no heads up, or even let you know where Crocodile Dundee might be welcomed. I have been censored
and muzzled......

I need to go check with my bank now......I want to make sure my funds are not frozen.

This is no joke.....Not even a drill.
My original post was removed.

could be but at least I'm not worried about vista outdoors not making primers for the general public like a lot of people are.
I've also got about 250lbs of powder so i don't have to worry about hogdon or alliant suddenly deciding they are not going to
sell powder to the general public
I wouldn't want to be your neighbor if your house catches on fire.
I thought I was well supplied because I have enough of most supplies to last me for 20+ years but now feel inadequate because I have only 50lbs of powder and only 12k of primers. If I could get another 8lbs of H1000 I would feel complete.

6 pages before someone said it was an April fools joke. I'm calling BS on the original post. This is a great example on what to do to get people wound up.

@MagnumManiac i do certainly hope you keep participating in our conversations here , hard as that might be…I know I've learned a thing or two from you over the years
It is quite difficult talking firearms at present.
I now know the angst of those falsely accused that sit in gaol, I am frustrated that zero proof has to be given in this circumstance, just a statement is enough and that is believed 100%.
I don't have the time to be waiting 5 years to re-gain my firearms, we'll see how this plays out as the other party is the loony bin candidate…not me!

Cheers.

@Veteran what did you do to **** off the hall monitor?
I'm cautious what I say.

I'd like to hunt Hogs in Texas though, it's no closely guarded secret I've seen on other sites that it's an option why was your invite taken down?

TFB reported this back in December.

So besides the rip off artists on GB, where are the primers going?

If the LC plant has to spin up to sell ammo to Ukraine it will create a further burden on raw materials and likely extend this problem.

Lately, it seems like we just can win.

Recent Posts