I love Canada..

kc

Lets start at the Soo and go north on 17 this is my stomping grounds we can go just north of Wawa about 10 miles there is a lake called Black Trout A1 if you like lake trout, or go north a little there is a town called Dubrellvill head out on the way to Wabatongushi Lake
big pike and Walleyes. just before you get to the lake there are RR-tracks this is where a friend comes in. he drops you off and you sneek into the woods to Ottter Lake. fantastic! catching big Wallwyes one after another. there is another called Rosa its real big and gets rough the fishing is just as great. The people...those I have met are some of the nicest and helpful just like in the States there are a few bad ones, but not here. One of my friends has what they call a Township its a section. there is a lake on it and it goes for at least 50 miles he made a floating raft that he pulls down to the far end, beaches it and sets up the tent right on the 12X20 raft he is all set for Bear hunting. Its rough having to eat walleyes or Brook Trout for breakfast. this is how I hunt bear, I see a lot of Moose too!

I go through the Soo but turn East on HWY-17. After a nice hour drive I end up in Iron Bridge. My friend has a 360 acre farm wich borders an isolated 800 acre lake. No boat needed as we catch all the 'eyes we need with minnow and bobber from shore...Fun!

In the barn is an old David Brown tractor which I use to plow/disc and plant various plots for deer. And the deer we shoot on the farm are 200 pound plus mature whitetails with nice horns.

From the edge of my driveway it is 400 miles to paradise.

I too love Canada.

Wade

KC, I've been fishing just south of White River for the past 10 years. It is great country up there. I've got pictures of some huge pike and I've caught many daily limits of walleye.

For those who know the moose will swim out to the islands to give birth and when the calves are old enough and strong enough they swim to the mainland. It's a neat thing to see when the calves are basically drafting behind their mothers and if they get to far ahead they swim back around to pick them up. We've seen this on quite a few occasions in the early summer.

I can to this day picture in my minds eye hikeing in the eastern areas of ontario with my cousen and a bunch of his friends north of Kingston, It reminded me of the movie last of the mohecans, Water falls blue water jumping off a cliff into water in the 40s and this was August. What a life for a kid, I could never do it again. Tossing a canoe on our sloulders with a back pack/tent and bags,,eating Brook trout for lunch and tossing back pike. we would cook our fish on a flat rock and with maple sticks. I was drinking the water and on the last day I started getting sick and ended my vacation with a case of Geardia, Montzuma's revenge.

I've brushed my teeth knee deep in the Magpie River, something about 40 degree water that really cures a hangover. Especially in May.

Being born and raised in Canada I am not doubt biased, but I do love this place. I was able to spend my childhood, hunting, fishing, skiing, swimming, backcountry packing, all within minutes of my house. Where else can you hunt: elk, 3 different subspecies of moose, black bear, whitetail, mule deer, blacktail, grizz, goat, bighorn sheep, stone sheep, dahl sheep, antelope, and wolf to name a few.

Last edited:
I hunt for whitetail, moose, elk, coyotes, gophers,and fish for world class walleye and trout. All within an hour of my doorstep. What's not to love:)

This August my friend and I, along with a few friends are going into a lake way back in the bush its about 400 yards across, clear as a bell and it has white muck around the shore, two small brooks going in and a big fast river going out, in the center there is a big black hole that goes down over 150ft. he said its between Wawa and Thunder bay. he showed me some photos and some big Brook Trout. there are also some big,old Lake Trout also in this lake or should I say, Spring?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.