• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Howa weatherby 270 barrel

grouse

I have a new barrel that was installed on a weatherby vanguard. I have found that these Japan built receivers headspace just like a tikka. Very tight tolerance.

McGowen 3 stainless barrel
1-8 twist
23" long
Throated for 170 grain
Threaded 9/16x24 with blended thread protector

Barrel blank runs 250
Machine work runs 500 for fit, muzzle threads, throating

Would sell for 399 plus shipping

Last edited:
With this long throat will it shoot any of the 130's VLD at all, or is it just to long?

The Hybrids are able to jump and get good accuracy. VLD's are better when seated/ tuned to the lands. That said I've jumped 168 VLD's in my 308 Win PSS and got 3/8" groups easy. Factory throated, very long, seated to feed out of the box magazine. I can't believe this thing is still here. If I didn't need to get a EDC this would be on the way to my FFL.

Can you tell me what the COAL was for your dummies? I can figure out the extra FB from there.

So +.26 over 130's, +.13 over 150's recommended col for VLDs. Definitely designed for the 170's. Thanks

I wouldn't be surprised it the action shot well with other bullets irregardless of jump. Free bump.