How to know it is Spring in Cody, Wyoming

But, won't they threaten the jaguar recovery?
I'd like to see this fight. My money is on the cat.
The wolf recovery is supposedly in the blue range but those animals are already heading along the rim into the Flagstaff area. They could spread to the south central Huachucas if they choose to. If they are not collared 100%, there is no way of controlling the spread. I don't know?

But, won't they threaten the jaguar recovery?
Last jaguar was killed by the USFWS. None of whom will talk without immunity. Maybe they decided not to mention it for awhile.
Prices are still climbing and so are taxes. My mortgage has climbed $4,200 a year/$350 a month for taxes and insurance since signing in 2020.
Local discussion seems to center around "Cody is going to be the next Jackson". (As in "Only Rich people can afford it." Last I read the average house in Jackson is $5 MILLION DOLLARS(!).)

What's the quote "The billionaires drove all the millionaires out of Jackson"?

I saw they took a grizzly out of the Bighorns recently.

That's the one reason I stay in the desert southwest part of the US. I can go get all the snow I could want and then go home. And we are not a grizz kind of state. The last one taken was about 100 years ago. Somehow we think the Mexican Gray wolf is a great idea so maybe these idiots will attempt the grizz reintroduction.

I saw a federal fish and wildlife job posting in New Mexico while I was living there. 120k ish a year to manage the Mexican wolf population. If I had a biology degree.. truck, four wheeler, gun... sign me up. Imagine the hunting opportunities working with all the ranchers....

In 1992, I decided Cody would be my retirement hometown.
I finished one career and did another in the East half of the State before getting here 27 years later.
A celebrity jacked stuff up the day before I got here, cash in hand to buy my retirement home. He bought some property south of town and declared Wyoming to be the most beautiful place there is.
Prices jumped sky high and every house had gone under contract. Lived in a rental (lucky to find it) for about 5 months before I bought.
Then Covid hit. Others bailed out of where they were and sought refuge here. The frenzy was palpable.
Population exceeds 10,000 in the city now. I wish it was still 5,000.
I just got here late.
Prices are still climbing and so are taxes. My mortgage has climbed $4,200 a year/$350 a month for taxes and insurance since signing in 2020.
Local discussion seems to center around "Cody is going to be the next Jackson". (As in "Only Rich people can afford it." Last I read the average house in Jackson is $5 MILLION DOLLARS(!).)

If it's been a long time since you've been here, it might be unrecognizable when you arrive, depending on when that is.
With interest rates like they are, you'll need a lot of cash equity in hand or really deep pockets to buy a home here.
That's reality.

And it's 100 miles to shopping in Billings, 3.5 hours to Casper or Bozeman for better shopping.
It is winter from October through May.

I've seen many people move to Wyoming in June, July and August, ecstatic to be here. Come Spring there is a For Sale sign in their yard and they are moving back "home". It is tough on women. Weather and access to shopping….

Winters are milder here than Southern and Eastern Wyoming. I've lived in NE, East Central and SE WY. Crotch deep snow many years.
Now in NW coming on 5 years. Milder except for the -32* week in February/March this year.

But, it's only 50 miles through grizzly country to Yellowstone National Park!
Sounds more like an ad to dissuade people from moving to Cody. I've lived there. Cody is no different than any other mountain town in Wyoming. Fact is, most of Wyoming has gotten progressively more expensive in recent years. Insurance and property taxes are high everywhere in this state. If you're interested in moving there, go check it out. Personally I'd take Sheridan over Cody. More amenities and far less wind…

Wind, cold, grizzlies, 100+ miles for good shopping……things that help keep Wyoming a desirable place to live! 😉 memtb
Sheesh.... try living in Saskatchewan!!!! If you notice in the bottom... they list the temperature predictions for the week!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20240514_093551.jpg
    IMG_20240514_093551.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 104