How did you find us here at LRH.com?

The Google search engine brought me here. For about the tenth time in my life I had a huge buck at 600 yards and I couldn't do anything about it last year so the search began. He may still be safe this year but my range is getting longer. Thanks len for a great site and thanks to all the members who have been here a long time that still take time to answer questions for us rookies no matter how basic they may be. I have to say that the members here really make this site better than any other. I hope I get to know each of you better.

I got a glimpse of accuracy international on tv and wanted to find out more. Typed in awp to Google and found a report with photo's and all on here , superb.

Hooked from that moment!

As I approached retirement I began to think about building me a "LAST GREAT ELK GUN" to replace my old faithful Ruger #1. I had not thought or done much with guns in a long time so I started searching the internet for actions, scopes, triggers, stock and barrels. It was on Dan Lilja's site that I saw he was blatantly admitting to shooting at game animals at distances out to 1K and beyond. I wondered how he managed to stay in business because when I had done this type of shooting you were looked upon as some kind of a pervert. In the late 1970's, admitting that you would shoot at an animal at distances greater than 500yds put you in the same scummy class of lowlife as a person who had volunteered for combat in Vietnam. I read everything Dan Lilja wrote on his site and considered that maybe there were more people like him and me on the internet. So I began the search and almost immediately this site came up. I was simply amazed that there were that many people who actually practiced the same arcane skills that I had used long ago.

I doubt if the members of this forum understand how very difficult it was to go it alone with no advice and no one to turn to for help. Even my hunting partner thought I was crazy.

I simply typed in a search for .............

some realy whacko , gun nut perverts that get a charge out of bending certain elements to their will in order to send some critters on to a better place and VOILA ! There yall was !

Been right at home ever since.

[image]
Lazzeroni.gif
[/image]

Roy gave me the lil feller , reckon he didn't know what he was doing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Beats the ever loving snot out of the boob tube , and if I pay attention , always a nugget to be gleaned ,

Jim B.

Search engine brought me here, just never left. Didn't post much in the past, felt I needed to learn more before I could give an opinion on anything. A great place to learn new things about our favorite subject. Thanks everyone for all your help! I'll be in Winner, SD June 23-29 to eradicate the plague ridden black tailed vermin.

Like lerch, I was looking for load data for the 125 gr Nosler BT for my 300 RUM. I believe my first post was telling someone not use SMKs for hunting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif. My how things change in a years time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif!!

I googled something about long range hunting or shooting. I have been hanging around for about a year now and have learned a lot from the "masters".

Len, thanks for letting me hang out in your living room. I have tried to behave properly, I do OK till someone starts mixing in politics with long range hunting/shooting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

By the way, I you are ever passing through the great state of Arkansas, you are welcome to stop by and visit a bit in my living room /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My old 270 win started to open up quite a bit, and I was considering rechambering it to a 270 ai and a search brought me here. Now I'm here every free minute I get trying to learn all I can.

searching for info on a 30-378, and here I am, ditched the weatherby idea, and bought a 300RUM. can't stay off this site, wonderful group of guys, and great information!
glad i found it!

I was watching Point Blank from Long Range (part 2, I think) for the tenth time. Butch Keen plugs LRH.com so I finally checked it out. I'm glad I did, I've learned a lot.

One day when I was supposed to be studying for a test I googled "long range hunting" and the site came up (I always seem to do my most productive web surfing when I am supposed to be studying). That was a year and a half ago and now you guys spend all the time and money I don't have. Never the less, thanks a lot for the great site Len. I utilize a wide variety of different firearms and ballistics resources, but LRH gets the most attention by far.

Carl

I was just gettin' into long range, and went into Sportsmans Wharehouse. I asked the salesman about which scopes worked for "dialing up". Salesman was goodgrouper.

By mistake. I hate this site. It's all I think about now. I ended up buying a custom 300WM from the classified section and it has cost me a bunch of money since. I curse you all.