Hot new reloading powder!

What does it weigh?
Check out this awesome new powder coming out!

View attachment 346024

For reference that is about 1/2-5/8 inch long and 1/8-1/4 inch in diameter 😳 I was getting weird charge weights out of my Fx120i and kept hearing something rattle around and couldn't figure out what could be causing it. Took it apart to find this little gem. It either came out of a can of H1000 or H4350. That could spice some things up!!
Well, the good news is it's unlikely to cause hi pressure troubles; the bigger the gun, the bigger the powder grains & the slower the powder. Bad news is it speaks to a horrible quality control issue. I'd be pestering Hodgdon about it & asking for a replacement, plus a couple cans of "good will" powder. Be sure to include the powder lot number in your correspondence.

Check out this awesome new powder coming out!

View attachment 346024

For reference that is about 1/2-5/8 inch long and 1/8-1/4 inch in diameter 😳 I was getting weird charge weights out of my Fx120i and kept hearing something rattle around and couldn't figure out what could be causing it. Took it apart to find this little gem. It either came out of a can of H1000 or H4350. That could spice some things up!!
That one should have joined it's brothers and sisters in a 50lb bag destined for an Iowa class 16" gun turret!

Looks like a future pellet for all the smokeless muzzleloaders out there.

But I agree with all who've said contact Hodgdon, if for nothing else than safety of the community. That thing is crazy!
Yeah , for smokeless muzzle loaders , only problem is from the time you pull the trigger until it finally goes off.
15 minutes is along tome to hold on target.