Hornady marketing

Honestly at this point I listen to marketing far less. And I really don't listen to pod casts at all. They're more of a detriment to me. Price is a big issue for me as is performance. So if a bullets has good bc, provides good terminal performance, and is accurate then I'm happy. If you look on my shelf the bulk of the bullets on there are Hornady VMAXs, ELDM's and Barnes Match Burners. If the prices were the same I'd have a bunch of Bergers, Sierras, and Noslers on there too.

I have never been a fan of Hornady bullets for hunting. In my opinion they stopped making the only good hunting bullet, the Interbond.
I do like some of their innovative cartridge designs. The 7mm PRC is currently my favorite 0.284 cartridge.
That said their brass sucks. I bought 100 cases when it was the only ones available. So far I have lost 10% to loose primer pockets. Some after only 1 firing. No need to anneal they won't last enough firings to worry about the necks. Time to get some Peterson or ADG and be done wit it.

It's all a conspiracy, after reading this thread that's my conclusion! Gun makers build and design guns and try to improve what we use. Bullet makers design, make and try to improve the bullets and cartridges we use. If they have some short comings, so be it, kind of cool to see them pushing the limits and boundaries though. If you don't like what they make then don't use it. No need to dog them though. This is turning into a typical "bashing thread".

Last edited:
I see it the same.
Don't know how it can be perceived otherwise. Let TRM tell us about the factory loads he dis-assembled… it is awful.
Here was 19 rounds I disassembled of 7prc precision hunter. I had 50-70 fps es with this crappy ammo this would explain why
E39E699D-9909-4B83-86BE-2BEC990FFBE4.jpeg
and I have a buddy I shoot with that bought a case of 180 match for 7 prc and so far out 4-5 boxes he's used the average has been 1 miss fire per box . It's garbage ammo I would not waste a cent on hornady ammo
It's definitely not Precision !!