Hornady ELD-X Official Thread

Talked with a bullet tech at Hornady today. The new bullets are not to be released till 2016. He said maybe not till after shot show.

Don't kill me. It's just what he said.

Brian

With all the Berger bashing going on Hornady's first run will be sold out just from different guys wanting to test them out.
Nothing like good timing to come out with the next best greatest thing.

That would be why mine are on back order indefinitely then. I hate to wait that long to work up a load. But it would suck to work one up with amaxes then again in 6 months. I can't even find amax bullets right now hardly.

That would be why mine are on back order indefinitely then. I hate to wait that long to work up a load. But it would suck to work one up with amaxes then again in 6 months. I can't even find amax bullets right now hardly.

Maybe I'm a lucky one. I have two boxes on order, but I'm still waiting for the 6.5mm Pac-Nor barrel through which to fire them.

Maybe I'm a lucky one. I have two boxes on order, but I'm still waiting for the 6.5mm Pac-Nor barrel through which to fire them.

Lol I'm waiting for my 6.5 krieger barrel...its due date is March ha ha. Have a box of 143 eld-X on backorder through midway, and an awfully lonely rem 700 scoped action and b&c medalist stock...

I'm really in to this discussion...have been using 190 ABLR's in front of 73 gr. H4831sc in my 300 WM for elk these past 2 years...unfortunately haven't had a shot at a legal bull in Wy (2014) or CO this fall so can't comment on how well this load actually works on big game. I'm impressed with the thorough testing done by Hornady on the ELD-X bullet and how it compares to both ABLR and Barnes LRX...am headed for Newfoundland for moose next Sept. and was working up a 72 gr. load for the 200gr. LRX, but now I'm going to drop that effort and order some 200 and 212 gr. ELD-X as soon as they are available.

The 200 Barnes and 190 ABLR loads produced similar (50 fps) average velocities in my chronograph; accuracy at 300 yds was excellent (1") for the Noslers; Barnes were just under 1" at at 100 yds ...haven't tried longer shots yet.

From everything published so far, I'm betting that the ELD-X will be just what the "doctor ordered" for moose and elk.

Has anybody seen 300 WM load data for the ELD-X 200/212 yet? Probably would be similar to my ABLR and LRX loads.

Man I like this stuff!

Don I am right with you on bullet thoughts! I also need to pick up some powder soon so I was waiting to see what Hornady was recommending for the 200-212's. I am getting some free Sierra's and some free old Partitions which will be fine for close plinking but rally wanting to develop a good deer/elk round from 20 yards to 600 or so. As my skills improve I would like to start pushing 1000 but the problem I have is finding an affordable place to practice at 1000. Not a lot of options here in MN! I still plan on trying the Berger 215's too.

Super stoked! Midway just got the shipment in and I promptly ordered I have 100, 200 grain of ELD-X's on their way for my 300 Win Mag..... Fingers crossed folks.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.