HORNADY 300WSM 200 GR ELDX VS THE FEDERAL PREMIUM 200 ELDX

Federal 200 eldx shoots good from my tikka. I was looking for Hornady to see if it liked the bullet and came across the Federal so tried it. Shot well under an inch. Sighted in for a cow elk currently

Federal by a little. But I would buy whatever shoots better. can't find 300 WSM anywhere, so I bought some of this and will post results when I shoot them.

In the fifties and sixties, Eleanor O'Conner killed quite a few elephants with a 30 06 and 220gr solids. Crazy how things have evolved. In the eighties and nineties, velocity was everything. For big or dangerous big game, I've always followed Taylor knockout values. Sorry for hijacking your post, I just have always liked heavy for caliber bullets. Today's ammo has come a long way.

I'd run them through a chrono for true long range ballistic performance. Inside 300 yds no problem relying on mfr published data. Just embrace the fact that mass produced ammo is likely to demonstrate greater round to round variability than tightly controlled hand loads.
Agreed, but the question was box velocity.

Federal by a little. But I would buy whatever shoots better. can't find 300 WSM anywhere, so I bought some of this and will post results when I shoot them.
So, have you shot the cartridges yet?
Any results to post?
Also own a 300WSM Tikka...