High-speed internet connection?

Do you have a high speed Internet connection?

• Yes, DSL, satellite, wireless or something else.

Votes: 2,116 97.1%
  • No, only dialup right now.

Votes: 64 2.9%

• Total voters
I know Len has posted this somewhere before, but I recently learned for myself that Mozilla FireFox operates a lot faster than MS Windows Internet Explorer with my DSL-based internet connection. A BIG difference. If you haven't tried it yet because you've always used Internet Explorer, I suggest you give FireFox a try. It's a free download and the learning curve is pretty minimal.

I will have to give firefox a try. I have a decent connection but this forum is very slow compared to the other websites I visit. I just figured it was from all the ads. I can't believe the safari club is supporting Joe Miller!

Stinkin dial-up. DSL stopped advancing 1.7 miles west of here now over two years ago. ZERO video, small stills take several minutes, and waiting on the ads are a serious kill joy. AT&T gets bout five bucks over dial-up for the slowest of DSL which I would gladly pay IF they would just bring it out here.

What's dial up? I haven't seen that in at least 15 years and my cell phone has faster data rates than dial up. I know high speed isn't available everywhere...but wow, no streaming video, no YouTube, no web content or free movies through the TV with Amazon Prime or on demand through any video service...

Don't slow it down for us old mountain top dwellers!! livin' between Hell's Canyon and the Salmon is worth the slow!!

What's dial up? I haven't seen that in at least 15 years and my cell phone has faster data rates than dial up. I know high speed isn't available everywhere...but wow, no streaming video, no YouTube, no web content or free movies through the TV with Amazon Prime or on demand through any video service...
Yes,I grumble alot!! But your cell phone won't do sqawt here and does it come with a range out to a mile from your front portch???

When the youngins wander around out here hunting a cell signal I'm reminded of the old "Green Acres" TV show where they had to climb the pole to yak the phone.

Updating my info.

internetspeed.png

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts