Hearing protection advice

I get a set made every year when I go to the Grand American Trapshoot. $75 now for the pair but they work great. You have to sit there and not move or talk. Moving the jaw will screw up the way they fit and they won't work as they are supposed to. Once they set up, they pull them out and leave them sit and cure for 1/2 hour or so on a toothpick set in Styrofoam and I swimg by later and pick them up. I've gone 2 years and they still fit good and continue to work. EAR, Inc. I think is the brand.

How deep are you pushing them in to start with?
Your ear will tell you. Goes in pretty far that why I use the Vaseline. I have never had issue why hitting the ear drumb but still cut off a bit after they set up.

Attachments

• IMG_3485.jpeg
    IMG_3485.jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3484.jpeg
    IMG_3484.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 40
Good timing on this thread as I too am searching. I've gone through 2 pairs of Walker 2.0 Bluetooth buds. One quit after a month and was replaced via warranty, the other lasted a little longer and only one side works. Time to move on. I liked the electronic features but maybe just these moldable styles would be better.

Personally i hunt thicker areas where i need to be able to hear and then protection in same device. Things change to quickly to change out plugs. I Sure can't hunt with hearing aids in, lol. I Have some less expensive Caldwell in ear now but would love to from y'all experienced users on your recommendations. Thanks

Black Friday sale, buy one get one free, brings the cost to $100
I have these. They work good. The square tips work the best. Like all they can have some wind noise but I find it manageable.

Check with Any Hearing Aid company..... they are competitive as heck on simple injection custom ear plugs....alot of Safety Supply companies also offer the service.....under 150.00 all day

........The part I don't care for with the majority of electronics that I have or had in the past, is dealing with changing out the hearing aid batteries. seems like every time I get into a stand to shoot one of em is beeping at me to change out the battery! ..........
In most cases, the batteries start draining as soon as you open the airtight package. Whether you have the hearing aid on or not, the battery is slowly discharging, and if you don't carry extra batteries with you, you might be left with dead batteries in your hearing aid on an extended hunt. Battery life depends on the device you have it in. Might last a while, or not long at all, as you found out.

Well, I ordered a set of the Walker Silencer 2.0 Bluetooth to try. Got them... put them on a charger, loaded the app.
They won't charge past 44%. They're going back. While they seem like they do a decent job with blocking sound. They don't sit in the charging case well and the charging light constantly goes off. I really didn't need the bluetooth because I won't listen to music, but I wanted it to make it easier to set the buds to the right settings. I'm glad I did, otherwise, I probably wouldn't have known they weren't charging fully.

Recent Posts