Head separation on my brass

Unoboats

F0F61483-6D91-4CCC-B57C-ACF92BD87C31.jpeg

If you look real close to the 280 ai brass it's factory loads and showing a slight etched ring uniformly3/4" above the base of the cartridge.
the 308 brass has been shot 3 times.
It was loaded on my bench. The brass that was purchased for loading has not shown this issue, but reloaded factory ammo does. What's up ??
Chip

View attachment 180927
If you look real close to the 280 ai brass it's factory loads and showing a slight etched ring uniformly3/4" above the base of the cartridge.
the 308 brass has been shot 3 times.
It was loaded on my bench. The brass that was purchased for loading has not shown this issue, but reloaded factory ammo does. What's up ??
Chip
Normally that indicates excessive headspace. If you have some unfired brass, use a bump gauge to check and then check brass thats been fired in your chamber.
How far did you bump the shoulder when you reloaded the 308?

The last two batches of Hornady Brass that I have worked up was terrible and did the same thing in my 308 with .001 bump, IMO Hornady brass is now on the same level as Federal brass, It's a shame it was good stuff at one time

I think I have to agree with you , just ordered some Nosler custom brass for the 280AI and Lapua on the 308