Hart barrels

you stole my idea. but i have also looked into a couple different barrel makers. Like bartlein i sent them an email about the total price waiting to hear back from them. in the exact same caliber as you. .338 edge

Great minds think alike! Lets us know what you hear back.

I've had two rifles with Vais muzzle brakes,they were fine but a timed brake is all I use now( still have one and a 12"x12" piece of ply wood works). $195 installation charge isn't cheap .

I will probably end up sending it to Piercision (sp?) To get a 4 port muscle brake installed.

Any other suggestions or recomendations?

Bartlin barrels told me they did not have a .338 edge reamer and wouldn't buy one just to do one job. and gave me a recommendation to a smith.

i want to go repeater but with the bergers as long as they are you would have to go with the 4.0" box. which some say that takes too much material for the action. so im not 100% sure yet what my next step will be.

I won't use hart again I had a barrel put on a rem sendero action they put the barrel on but never touched the action or put on the recoil lug I paid for cost me over 900.00 to have a barrel and brake put on, plus a nine month wait.

Know kidding, maybe you would like to true my action because no other gunsmith will touch it with starting over with a new barrel just don't want someone else to have the same experience.

I have felt with Jim on several builds and have nothing but great thinks to say about the service and results I received. In fact, Karen has gone out of her way to help me with a UPS issue and is one of the nicest people I've talked to within the industry.

morning, Karen at Hart barrels is a true professional. she knows what she is talking

about. I ordered a 7mm 1-9 twist. #6 contour SS. from date of order to the ship date

was 10 weeks. Karen called me and ask if I wanted the barrel shipped to my smithy.

How professional and courteous this lady and company r to there patrons. Outstanding

service. will always use hart barrels. ask u shall receive!!!

My first dealing with Hart was for the full treatment--action truing, replacement barrel, coating. They exceeded my expectations. The rifle went from a 1.25MOA Rem 700 to shooting 0.5MOA. I had successful hits out to 1809 yards.

I ordered another barrel for another build off a Pierce Ti action and I was quoted ~3 months. It was completed and delivered right about the 2 month mark.

For the rifle build, I dropped it off and picked up the completed rifle. Karen gave me a tour of the shop. It is a mix of old school and new school. They do excellent work and care a lot about what they produce. Karen is very thorough in document what is requested.

One of the things that wasn't mentioned by dougw is if he even contacted them before complaining online...

-David

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts