Hard to believe

I read on another forum that a long time user and shooter claims he is making consistent shots on prairie dogs at 850 yards with his AR 223 shooting 40 and 50 grain bullets ! He then said he is making these shots in 30 mph crosswinds !! I find this impossible to believe but I wanted to ask all of you if you have ever seen anyone perform this feat ? I did not call him out because I did not want to embarrass him for his canard , especially if it's not personal. My only thought was magic bullets !
Agree. Hard to believe. Would like to see his rangefinder.

I read on another forum that a long time user and shooter claims he is making consistent shots on prairie dogs at 850 yards with his AR 223 shooting 40 and 50 grain bullets ! He then said he is making these shots in 30 mph crosswinds !! I find this impossible to believe but I wanted to ask all of you if you have ever seen anyone perform this feat ? I did not call him out because I did not want to embarrass him for his canard , especially if it's not personal. My only thought was magic bullets !
Did he mention the brand of his AR and ammo, I'm in desperate need of them both😀😀😀

I'm a competitive handgun shooter and I've seen the same type of stuff on other forums. Guys talking about shooting 1" groups off hand with stock or slightly modified pistols at 50 yards. It made me start to doubt my manhood till I realized it was all rubbish. 😊

Ya, never even heard of such a thing. It would seem you would be high angle almost behind you using the wind and unicorn magic to get it there.

I was a member of Varmint Hunter for years and read many articles about shooting out that 850 yard and further with the 223. They had pictures of shots like that and I have to believe the stories were true. If I had the time I would go through a few of them just to post but I have shelves full of them, think I'm only missing a few of them because I was a life member, and not the time. Would love to sell the whole lot if anyone is interested.
I think the pics were of the hits and NOT the many misses.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.