Hammer Time (70th Birthday)

Happy birthday sir!

Two years ago I got the biggest buck of my life - not the biggest antlers, at all, but absolutely the biggest bodied whitetail I've ever had, lots of meat 😁 - the day before my 30th birthday. I tried getting it out of the middle of nowhere in knee deep snow wind blown into drifts up to my waist for hours before admitting I needed help and getting my brother in law and my dad to come give me a hand with the brute. I was so exhausted, I really overdid it and should have swallowed my pride and gone for assistance in the first place, I had wore myself so ragged manhandling the deadweight of this deer literal inches at a time at maximum effort that I could taste blood just breathing. And I had no strength left, and knew i was gonna feel this for a few days haha.

But my blasted brother in law, ever the smart ***, says to me

"You're lucky man, you're still in your twenties…can you imagine how much worse this would feel if you did this in your thirties???" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This young lady took this magnificent buck the next day after I took mine. I was with her and was able to watch the entire successful hunt. The buck scored 83 inches and change. A couple of hours later her dad scored on a nice buck too.

IMG_0174.jpeg

IMG_8494.jpeg