Guns you sold regrettably

1 of my daughters and her brood stayed here while I was in the hospital last week. I had a big drawer full of pistols that I had to put up because of his untrained kids. I'm still putting them back and even finding some that I'd forgotten long enough to need be cleaned.

1 of my daughters and her brood stayed here while I was in the hospital last week. I had a big drawer full of pistols that I had to put up because of his untrained kids. I'm still putting them back and even finding some that I'd forgotten long enough to need be cleaned.
After my first was born I started locking everything up because of all the neighbor kids that would come over. Got used to having everything locked up, but easy access. We get a lot of untrained visitors, not just kids, adults as well, so I am being the "responsible" adult and safeguard everyone

Last edited:
I've sold more than I own. It seems like I'm the odd duck here but as of this moment I do not regret a single sale. I have pictures of all of them, good memories with some that will never go away.

I don't plan to sell everything surely some stuff isn't for sale, but most are tools and toys and they get sold as you search for what works for you, and sometimes "you" changes too with time. I also realized I was tired of owning lots of guns and wanted to shoot more, so I really thinned the safe out of stuff I rarely used and put money into streamlining reloading and components/ammo. Very happy with that move.

I have had and sold some incredible stuff, but no regrets here

After my first was born I stated locking everything up because of all the neighbor kids that would come over. Got used to having everything locked up, but easy access. We get a lot of untrained visitors, not just kids, adults as well, so I am being the "responsible" adult and safeguard everyone
Growing up I did not even know what a gun safe was. We had friends over from all over the neighborhood, relatives, etc. And not one would think of touching the firearms in our home. And we did the same if we visited them. Sure was a different time.

Colt Python blue 2.1/2"... Win Mod 71 .348 Win, Win Pre 64 Mod 70 Super grade .300 H&H, Remington 14 pump in .25 Remington, Remington 40X .22 LR
There's more but these, in order I really do miss. Cheers

Last edited:
After my first was born I started locking everything up because of all the neighbor kids that would come over. Got used to having everything locked up, but easy access. We get a lot of untrained visitors, not just kids, adults as well, so I am being the "responsible" adult and safeguard everyone
My kids were proficient by 7 or 8 with a 22 rifle and a 38 revolver. I'm not used to putting anything up. But I'm having to re-educate myself.

None, most don't hold any sentimental value, they are mostly tools. I not only trade em. Like the 7 mag I killed several bull elk with for a .222 still have the .222 never missed the 7 mag. I dismantle most of them use the actions for different calibers and purposes. Heavy barreled 222 now a 6 Dasher with a new bolt. A 25-06 is now a long action 308 Win with 30" barrel. One I'd never trade is Colt SAA in 45 Colt, it's for grasshopper shootin.

A matched set of Mod. 18-2 Smith and Wesson .22s. 3-T , with all springs replaced with Wolff springs and all internal surfaces polished.

I gave up the idea of being the next Ed McGivern and took up long range pistol shooting. Being a working person I needed to finance the long range thing, and had friends that were drooling all over the 18's .

A matched set of Mod. 18-2 Smith and Wesson .22s. 3-T , with all springs replaced with Wolff springs and all internal surfaces polished.

I gave up the idea of being the next Ed McGivern and took up long range pistol shooting. Being a working person I needed to finance the long range thing, and had friends that were drooling all over the 18's .
Was going to school married with a child, only way I gould buy what I thought I wanted more was to sell what I had
Now I won't even get rid of my New Haven (Mossberg 500) shotgun with adjustable choke. My kids will have a field day when I die, but who knows, I might skipp a generation and give them to grand kids.

Last edited: