Grendels and AR style of guns

I'm running an 18" Alexander Arms barrel with the 123 Amax, 28.5 grains of 8208XBR and average 2450 fps suppressed. Hornady claims on their website with 2580 fps with a 24" barrel. I did shoot a 1.5" group the other day at 500 yards off a bipod and rear bag. I think the Grendel is a very efficient cartridge for the AR platform. My 18" Grendel with a Vortex Pst 4x16 weighs 9.8 lbs. My 16" LMT 308 with the same scope weighs 11.8 lbs. Hopefully I will find a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel for my LMT and I will be able to run the Amax 400-600 fps faster.

To answer op's question, the 6.5 grendel is a cartridge designation, the grendel fits a standard ar15 platform, the 6.5 creedmore requires the ar10 platform.
Both are excellent cartridges. I have a 20" grendel, that's shoots good, is easy to Carry, and recoils like a ***** cat. I've killed 2 whitetail and 5 coyote with it, and am very happy with its performance. Deer were killed with 100gr ttsx and 105gr interbonds, coyotes have been killed with the 95gr vmax and the 105 interbond as well

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts