Great tuna trip

Not one tuna was weighed at this year's big rock One over 50# would have paid quite well!! Pretty work

Jealous! I need to get down there and get in the water. Looks like a great day right there

My first experience with eyeballs was in 1979. We thought we had some huge yellowfin. They were sold and the buyer is the one who educated us. Nothing like watching 6 or 7 of those explode in the back of the boat in pretty blue water

Great tuna fishing up there this time of year. Hopefully the White Marlins show up this year. Been pretty slim the last couple years anywhere south of Ocean City.

I have not been in decades, we went off Grand Isle. It's scary how the Tuna have been depleted. Not to sound like a tree hugger, but we've got to stop polluting and overfishing our Oceans. Commercial Fishing and the fact Japan buy's just about any Fish they can is a sign of Doom. My dear Mom grew up on Newfoundland when it was a pure fishing community, those days vanished 50 Years ago.

I have not been in decades, we went off Grand Isle. It's scary how the Tuna have been depleted. Not to sound like a tree hugger, but we've got to stop polluting and overfishing our Oceans. Commercial Fishing and the fact Japan buy's just about any Fish they can is a sign of Doom. My dear Mom grew up on Newfoundland when it was a pure fishing community, those days vanished 50 Years ago.
Actually it was when a certain liberal was elected to the house of representatives. Her husband owned/ran Starkist who had the largest fleet of tuna pair trawlers. Once they looked at the records in the commerce department they moved their fleets to take advantage of that information. In 2 years they removed so much biomass of albacore(longfin) yellowfin and bigeye they banned the method. It was the same with the 4 seiner permits. Once they learned that the cape cod bay was the summer grounds for bluefin they seined them into what we have today.
That liberal is the current speaker of the house and all of this can be looked up but it will take you days and in some cases money to purchase the studies that they claimed were being done at the time that allowed the destruction of what was the tuna capital of the world.
Just one of the methods used to turn paupers into millionaires once elected

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.