Great Gun, Great Shot Great Guy

Boom

Congrats to Dan (Dan's Custom Gun Service - LRH Sponsor). Dan lives about three hours from me and drove down yesterday to take a crack at some of our S.C. deer. Within minutes of setting up, Dan found a nice doe, ranged it at 1066 yards and one shot, one kill, DRT!! The deer didn't even take a step. The rifle was one of Dan's Custom 7-300's, shooting a 175gr LR Accubond. I can tell you the combination of Dan's rifle, that bullet and some excellent shooting on Dan's part make for a heck of a combination. We had a great session (yes, I missed!!) but it did not take away from a great afternoon. Always great to hook up with fellow LRH members.

I have said it before, I will say it again, if you are considering a build, you should talk to Dan. He has built two guns for me, one for my father and one for a friend. Dan's workmanship is top notch, he is honest as the day is long and his customer service is all you could ever ask for.

Dans Deer.jpg

I have been fortunate to become friends with Dan. If you are considering a custom build, you owe it to yourself to give him a call.

Chris, It was a great time. I enjoyed the time hunting with you and your hospitality. I needed a positive in my life after this year. If it wasn't for friends like you,Joel, Jett and a special friend in NJ, Sherrie it would have been a lot worse. I will let Jett tell why Sherrie is special. I am still wondering how I made the shot. A shot at that range is pretty special. It is not like a match where you have a sight in period. You have one try. Thanks again. Dan

Nice job! So, if I sent you a McMillan stock, Jewel trigger, hand lapped barrel, Stiller or Pierce action, you supply the 700 bottom metal, what's the charge for the build in 7-300 throated for VLD bullets, bedded in Marine Tex grey or ProBed 2000 with pillars? blast the metal the same finish too.

Thanks!

I'm driving to SC tomorrow to hunt with brother for a week if anyone wants to hook up for a dinner near Lexington.

I'd be curious to hear more on how the LR Accubond worked. Obviously it did it's job, but how was the penetration, expansion, etc?

I'd be curious to hear more on how the LR Accubond worked. Obviously it did it's job, but how was the penetration, expansion, etc?

+1, I will be loading a 7 RUM this spring with the 175 LRABs and would like to know how they performed.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.