Got him back!

An awsome deer…..and to think that you took him with a "smoke pole "….Priceless! 😉 memtb
I love muzzleloader season. Way less competition from other hunters, and we have the full month of December to hunt here. Actually got him with two really great friends on December 29th, 2020.

Attachments

• received_389589832271989.jpeg
    received_389589832271989.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 154
What muzzleloader did you use? I have an inline muzzleloader from CVA that is pretty accurate, have not shot anything with it, hate the cleanup. I had thought about it before on getting a smokeless muzzleloader, something like what McWhorter Custom Rifles sell.
CVA Accura long range. 100 grains of Blackhorn 209 pushing a 250 grain Hornady pill. The shot was 174 yards.

I love Blackhorn. Super consistent, and it cleans up like a smokeless powder. You can keep shooting at the range without having to run a spit patch too.

CVA Accura long range. 100 grains of Blackhorn 209 pushing a 250 grain Hornady pill. The shot was 174 yards.

I love Blackhorn. Super consistent, and it cleans up like a smokeless powder. You can keep shooting at the range without having to run a spit patch too.
Cool did not know that about blackthorn 209, I was using Pyrodex with two 50gr pellet and one 30gr pellet shooting 300gr Hornady XTP in a sabot. It is pretty accurate.

Recent Posts