GLFA 300 win mag

I'm on barrel number 4 on my 300wm Sendero, it has "harvested" many critters of all sizes and I like shooting it. This last barrel I melonited I'm hoping to get more that 1000rds (typically where I replaced the previous 3) out of it. I can't imagine a semi-auto 300wm, they are known barrel burners already, and I have a trigger pulling problem.😆

I'm on barrel number 4 on my 300wm Sendero, it has "harvested" many critters of all sizes and I like shooting it. This last barrel I melonited I'm hoping to get more that 1000rds (typically where I replaced the previous 3) out of it. I can't imagine a semi-auto 300wm, they are known barrel burners already, and I have a trigger pulling problem.😆
264wm is more of a barrel burner, but my pre64 has 2,500+ rounds thru it and still shoots good. About 6 years ago I put to rest deciding on what to do with it as winchester won't replace the barrel, but maybe do it on my cost?

First and foremost, the label of 'barrel burner' for the .264 Win. Mag. has been proven to be fallacious for the last couple of decades, more like 4-5 really.

When this cartridge was first released, the powders available were not the best suited to be both economical and cooler burning. Economy of load was the way of the world then as it most certainly is now. Loaded ammunition and reloading data was and is guided by the powder/bullet combinations which provide the most profit for the powder and ammunition companies obviously.

The initial glory of the Winchester Westerner lost some of its luster due to poor reloading choices by the manufacturers looking for the longer range as advertised. But, as soon as this was discovered, the non-commercial (you and me) reloaders began the search for improved loading data which helped with the longevity of the barrels, not the claims by the manufacturer.

The current state of powder development has increased the barrel life of the .264 Win. Mag. through availability of those better powders and the continuing education of reloaders worldwide through the written texts as well as the terrific forums such as LRH.

Let this stupid label die once and for all.

Enjoy the cartridge and its performance!

:)

First and foremost, the label of 'barrel burner' for the .264 Win. Mag. has been proven to be fallacious for the last couple of decades, more like 4-5 really.

When this cartridge was first released, the powders available were not the best suited to be both economical and cooler burning. Economy of load was the way of the world then as it most certainly is now. Loaded ammunition and reloading data was and is guided by the powder/bullet combinations which provide the most profit for the powder and ammunition companies obviously.

The initial glory of the Winchester Westerner lost some of its luster due to poor reloading choices by the manufacturers looking for the longer range as advertised. But, as soon as this was discovered, the non-commercial (you and me) reloaders began the search for improved loading data which helped with the longevity of the barrels, not the claims by the manufacturer.

The current state of powder development has increased the barrel life of the .264 Win. Mag. through availability of those better powders and the continuing education of reloaders worldwide through the written texts as well as the terrific forums such as LRH.

Let this stupid label die once and for all.

Enjoy the cartridge and its performance!

:)
Just like other labeled in the same manner (300wm) with newer powders. I can say my 264wm had a healthy feeding on imr4831 (61.3grs) for sierra 140sbt in my pre64). Better powder blends along with better steel should help. I doubt I ever shoot out any barrel as I don't shoot that much, just have more guns to spread yhe love;)

What ammo were you using? And how did it feed and eject? I'm getting closer to buying 1 or 2. What I'll do is change 1 barrel to a 264wm, but wish there was more than 5 round mags. Still would be lots of fun!
180 grain federal. (Blue box) shot five rounds. Fed and ejected 5 rounds with out complaints. Glass will be mounted up here soon.